Sunday, June 16, 2019

VBS POWER UP

Its hard to believe that another year of VBS has come and gone! It was truly a wonderful week though. Its bittersweet to think its Colby's last year as a "kid" in VBS. This was my second year to take part in big kid VBS. I taught 2nd grade again. I am so happy to be out of the preschool world. I mean I loved that during that season, but I really enjoy being in the big kid one so much more. Its also SO much easier! Lindsay enjoyed her 2nd year of big kid VBS as well. 
Monday- Austin was off and we had to bring my van in to be serviced. He dropped us off and picked us up that day. I felt like things went really smoothly and I loved my class of kids. It was also fun this year that my friend Wendy worked. She taught kindergarten. Even though we weren't together a lot during the actual day it was fun just having her around.  After VBS Austin got us and we had lunch at Subway. The kids had swim lessons that afternoon. He was sweet to bring them both and let me stay home and rest. We also got a call that day for the kids to try out for Swim Team. That made for a VERY busy day!! We basically traded off...Austin brought them home from lessons and they had time to grab a snack and I headed out the door with them. They both made the swim team and did amazing. Wendy's son Philip is their coach and I think they both really liked it. We got them all registered before leaving. We ran into the Schifflin's leaving b/c Emily swims in the advanced team and her parents work out in the evenings. That night we had pizza and all went to bed early. 
Tuesday- I still had the rental car this day, but we got called early that it was ready so Austin picked it up while we were at VBS which was super helpful. We had another good day at VBS. I averaged about 10 kids in my class. I honestly felt like it was a walk in the park compared to a full day of teaching. Plus most of my kids were church kids and I had many of them when they were in preschool so that was fun! Its amazing how quickly they grow up. After VBS we went to Chickfila with Wendy and Emily. It was nice to finally catch up with them! Emily sat at a table with the kids and they talked while Wendy and I caught up about life and all that's going on with her and her family. We ended up dropping Emily off at the movies with some friends and then we brought Wendy home. The kids made a quick pit stop at the house to change and get ready for swim lessons. We had a low key evening after that. 
Wednesday- This day went well...after VBS we just went home to eat and get ready for swim lessons. I was glad to have a little extra time. They kids had swim lessons and swim team though which made for a super long afternoon! We picked up Popeye's and ate and walked. 
Thursday - Another day of VBS...this day felt a little busy b/c we had to load up some garden plants from school. Thankfully Wendy's son Andrew helped get all that squared away. It was also crazy b/c there was a tornado warning right as VBS was over and we were all about to leave. We ended up having to hunker in the church for about 30 min.  After that was finally over we had lunch with them at Firehouse. Once again it was fun to visit with them and catch up. That afternoon was pretty much the same. Swim lessons, dinner, and walk...
Friday- The final day of VBS. This is always bittersweet to me. You kinda get attached to the kids and seeing the same people every day. It was also nice though knowing we would get our summer back. After VBS we helped clean up and take down decorations then we went to Chickfila with Wendy and her kids again. Yes we had lunch with them 3 times! I swear though they are like family. We ended up bringing her home too. Its been nice to just catch up and visit. Even though it seems like we see each other a lot...nothing compares to the daily visits at school each day. That afternoon was the same routine. 

VBS was great this year...bittersweet to see my kids growing up though. Seems like yesterday I was working in the preschool with them both. This was Colby's last official year. I think he enjoyed being the "big dog" and having a class full of boys though. Lindsay had fun and enjoyed being with 2 school friends all week. I enjoyed my class of 2nd graders. It was neat b/c I had a few of them as preschoolers a few years back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment