Saturday, June 8, 2019

Week 1 of Summer

So Tuesday was our first day to truly feel like summer...although we were still up early. We had to attend Mrs. Doris' funeral. I knew this was a funeral that we all needed to be at. Growing up she was like a grandmother to me. She also became quite close to the kids. We used to live right around the corner from her and would see her daily on our walks. Anyway we got up early and drove to Slidell. My mom rode in with us. After the funeral the kids and I came right home. I hated we missed the burial, but it was 1) a really long morning for the kids (we arrived at the funeral home shortly after 9 and the service wasn't until 11 and 2) they had swim lessons at 3. We basically came home and I made sandwiches and we ate and got ready for swim lessons. The kids haven't been super excited about swim lessons, but they have done great so far! That evening we have a pretty good routine...I picked up dinner and we ate and took a walk. 
Wednesday was the first day it really really felt like summer. This was the first day we all got to sleep in and I felt like a "mom" again. It was really nice. I was able to even get up and read my Bible before the kids woke up and I got some cleaning done. We left the house and went to water the garden at the school. Afterwards I needed to go to Target for a few things. Well we ended up running into Wendy and her kids which was hilarious. Even though we had been out less then a week and I had seen her briefly at church I missed her so much! We ended up shopping and talking for about an hour! It was great fun! We even followed them over to Academy. By the time we finished the errands we picked up lunch and scarfed it down and got ready for swim. That night was pretty much the same. I cooked dinner and then we walked. 
Thursday was another day we were able to take it slow. Colby especially slept in! We got ready though and headed out to the library and Sam's. The kids were anxious to check out some books. The kids were great in both. We stocked up on produce at SAM's. Afterwards we ran home to get some blueberries to bring to the Schifflins. We dropped them off at their house. I visited with Wendy for just a few minutes. It was nice seeing a friend again. After that I brought the kids to Subway for lunch. We ate then came home and relaxed for a bit before Swim lessons. That night I picked up dinner and we had our walk and evening routine. 
Friday was a super fun day! We had to get going a little early because we were meeting friends at the movies. We got dressed and ready and picked up Mrs. Dufrene (Rebecca). We were meeting Wendy and her kids at the movies and we invited Rebecca to ride with us. It was fun catching up with her on the ride over. We went to see the Dog Movie. It was fun catching up with all my friends and I think the kids had fun as well. Wendy brought Andrew along so Colby wouldn't be the only boy. The movie was good...a little sad, but good. After the movie we all went to lunch at Chipotle. We brought Rebecca home then came back and got ready for swim lessons. That afternoon was our usual movie and such. 
Saturday felt really good to sleep in! Austin had to work so the kids and I really took our time getting ready. Colby slept in and I worked on stuff around the house. We first stopped and watered the garden at the church then we went by my parent's house. I dropped the kids off to swim and play while I went to the grocery store. It was a win/win for all parties. My parents wanted to hang out with the kids, I wanted to be alone for awhile, and the kids hate grocery shopping! It was nice all around. After I shopped I came home and made myself lunch and just enjoyed the quiet. I went to pick them up and we visited a bit. Apparently it had been a rough morning though b/c Colby got in trouble with my mom. I think he was just tired and hungry. That afternoon we came home and just chilled. Austin grilled burgers for us and that was yummy. 
Sunday we had church. We went to first service. Its been nice to have a little break from lifegroup. I mean I miss it, but going to first and being finished before 11 is also nice. We had decided that we would make Sunday a fun family day. We drove over to Superior Grill and had lunch. That was nice. Then we went to the Insectarium. It had been forever since we had been so it was a nice change of pace for the kids. After we came home and rested and then Austin grilled pork chops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment