Sunday, May 24, 2020

Corona Life

Well I tried blogging when all this first started and then honestly I abandoned the idea. So Covid-19 life started in March...and here we are ending May almost. Well mid-March was when we officially got out of school. We spent a week prepping to teach online and that we did. I started a YouTube channel and videoed my lessons daily for my students. The kids did online work. It wasn't awful...but I am glad its over. We did settle into a nice routine and we will have lots of good memories I think from it. The weather was amazing throughout the entire time so we were very blessed. We had a lot of outdoor picnics. The kids and I would wake up and do school every morning. I was up by 6 and ready to video most days by 8. The kids would get up around 9 and start their day. We would break at 12 and they would get lunch and we would eat outside and then I would allow them recess. Most days I was through filming by lunch or atleast shortly thereafter. It was lovely getting to nap and relax most afternoons. I picked up Bible studies for the first time in YEARS and also read a few books. 
The hardest part has been missing friends! Luckily through all this my friend Wendy and I have stayed in touch and forwent social distancing. 
We were together every day up until the Wednesday that we were all finished and then we went about a week without seeing each other. I had enough and brought her b-day cake the following Tuesday and socially distant visited in her driveway. The next weekend we were shopping at Target with masks on. We then went to visit all our kids for Easter. We started the day in separate cars but joined up after lunch and from that point on we knew if we got Corona we would go down together. It was just TOO HARD to not be around each other. 
We also talked nearly every single day...it has helped so much to have someone to laugh and cry with throughout this. We have cussed, prayed, talked through emotions, drank, and talked about Jesus. 
We have had a few drive way visits and we also even went out and took family pictures together in the Quarter one Saturday. I would say I was by her house at least once a week throughout the whole event. 
We even had a day where Austin took the kids to visit his family in Hattiesburg for his b-day. Since it was still a school day I chose to stay here and enjoy the peace and quiet. I had held down the fort with the kids for nearly 2 months and was quite anxious for a quiet day. That afternoon Wendy came over. We got chickfila and daiquiris and just chatted. It was nice just having friend time. 
Anyway life has been interesting this spring. Church is online and we have Lifegroup via Zoom. Colby has Youth Group through YouTube and Zoom. I feel like Lindsay has probably missed out the most. She's had some school Zoom meetings, but I think she's missing her friends fiercely. She's social like me. 
It hasn't been awful, but it hasn't been easy either. I miss friends, church, and it was really hard being ripped from a class 2 months early. It felt like we had so many memories left to make. All in all we have survived and now school is finished and we are heading into summer. 

Its going to be quite a different summer... we aren't going into it tired and ready for a break...we've been able to sleep in for months now! We also aren't starting our summer break getting ready for VBS. So here we are just not exactly sure what summer will look like. We will have swim team and I am super excited about some normalcy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment