Sunday, June 14, 2020

Graduation Drive By

Well this year concluded with some graduation Drive By's. Wendy and I had planned on going to see Kindergarten after our last East Drive By's b/c we had so much fun. So Wednesday morning came. She and I planned to drive together. We originally thought it might just be us, but the whole school or most of it ended up turning out which was fun. 
I left my house at 8 to go pick her up. It was nice that the kids had spent the night out and I could get ready and leave without a whole lot of extra stuff to do. Anyway we decorated my van while we were at her house. We got up to the school around 8:45 and met up with everyone else. We got the rest of the cars decorated and loaded up. She and I were the lead of our caravan. It was nice spending the day together and catching up. I feel like we never run out of things to say! Our first stop was in Waggaman so we had about a 45 minute drive over there. The first one we saw was Ja'Sani. It was sweet seeing her. It was hard not to cry! Between being surrounded by all the teachers and the music! Anyway after that our next stop was Delvin who was in the same area so it was a quick trip. We then stopped at Micah's, Kylie's and Guilian's They were all in about the same area of town. After that it was lunch time. I had offered our house as a stopping point. I knew from the time Wendy and I went at Easter we would need a break. This time we were running about an hour or more early then we were the last time! It was still nice to take a pause. It ended up being myself, Wendy, Heidi, Marsha, and Rebecca who came here. We aren't quite sure what happened to the others. Anyway we had a nice visit for about an hour and lunch and potty break! 
From there we went to see London, then Denver, Shechem, Arden, Noah and finally ending with Kaladin. Well we lost a good bit of our caravan after Noah then everyone after Kaladin. We had planned to go see my first graders after we lost everyone else. We stopped at Gavin's and Marina's house. It was so bittersweet seeing them! Anyway after we finished at Marina's it was about 3:45 and we were so DONE! We had planned margaritas and chips n salsa after. Well it was a night and experience I don't think either of us will soon forget! We had 2 medium margaritas and I'll leave it there. Somethings are better left unsaid. We were there from about 4 and I got home sometime after 8:30. Anyway it was a LONG day and I didn't feel the best over that night. 
Woke up the next morning ok but not super, but decided to go ahead and do the 8th grade drive by. Wendy actually got dropped off at my house around 10:30. Emily stayed here with Colby and Lindsay. I was so glad to not have to drag them along. We got up to the church and touched up the car decorations and met up with everyone. There were only 4 8th Graders but 2 lived in Algiers and the other 2 lived out towards Laffite. So it still took a couple hours. Even though we had literally been together 12 hours the day before I don't think we ever run out of things to say to each other. Although we were probably a little quieter due to us not feeling well. It was really hot too. By the time we were driving down to Laffite I really wasn't feeling good and I don't think Wendy was either. I knew we needed food. We skipped out before some of the other teachers, and headed for Chickfila. We got back to my house and ate lunch with the kids. We then had to drive up to the school so Wendy could pick up some papers and then I dropped them off at their house. We stayed and visited for a short while. It was such a crazy end to the school year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment