Saturday, July 18, 2020

A New Normal

So I am currently so over that phrase, but that is what it has become. This summer has truly been different. We haven't been able to have nearly as many playdates. We haven't had VBS or camp. We haven't even had normal church activities. All in all it hasn't been THAT bad though. We have learned to live life slow. Since school ended in mid May we have slowed down a lot. We have seen a few friends and for that I am thankful. The kids started swim team after our trip to Tennessee and again I am truly thankful for that bit of normalcy. Even though it hasn't looked all that normal. Practices are only twice a week and several have been rained out. We have also only had one "virtual" swim meet. Anyway that's getting out though and seeing people so that has been nice. We also started back to church when we got back from Tennessee. Lindsay was baptized on June 22nd. It was such a sweet moment to be back in church after months. That was also Father's Day. It has been great being back at church even though that's a lot different too. No children's activities or Lifegroup...we have to wear masks. But its nice just to have normalcy. 
Anyway our summer has been very low key. We have had a lot of fun...but its been a slower paced fun. We haven't been to the Zoo or any big things. I am thankful for our trip to Tennessee and what we got to do there. We've pretty much just stayed home, run errands, or gone swimming. My kids have seen friends a handful of times. 
Starting back to school I think will be nice....I mean I will miss the laziness, but I feel like we need some start to a routine again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment