Sunday, July 12, 2020

Friend And Work Time

This has been an unusual summer due to Covid-19. Since there hasn't been VBS or camps it really has just not felt like summer. I mean I guess in some ways it just feels like the never-ending quarantine. Thankfully we took the Tennessee trip...I think that felt the most like summer. 

My best friend Wendy has been gone a lot of the summer...usually she does travel a majority of the summer so time together is usually precious and we try to enjoy it to the fullest. So since our "last day" of school she left town and then I left town and then we were both finally in town for a bit. The Monday after we got back from Tennessee I asked her if I could bring coffee and hang out at her house. I really figured I would stay an hour or 2 maybe. Well 4 hours later...we were both sweaty and gross (We had coffee out by her pool thanks to corona). We had the best time though. It felt like we had a million stories and stuff to catch up on. We laughed and almost cried a few times. It was just so great to once again be together. 

The next week we had a meeting at my house for school to plan a graduation celebration for kindergarten and 8th grade. About halfway through the meeting though we scrapped the idea. Anyway it was Wendy, myself, Rebecca, and Marsha. Even though it was a "work thing" it was fun just to visit. Wendy got here a little early then she was the last to leave. She's truly like a sister. 

The next week on that Tuesday we did a ride around for the 7th graders. Once again it was Rebecca, Wendy, and I who rode together. I picked Wendy up though so we had a little extra time to visit. Between all the out of town trips and corona we really haven't been around each other a ton so each time we are together there is a TON to say. I also brought her home and went inside her house for a bit. I wished her well and goodbye as they were off the next day to bring her son to the Coast Guard Academy. 

So even though its been a different summer ---there have been some fun times thrown in as well. Oh and I also had lunch with Marsha one day last week. Its been nice to have some adult time during my summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment