Monday, July 5, 2021

Coastal Trip Day 4

 So our 4th day of this venture we were able to sleep in a bit again. We found a breakfast place near our hotel we wanted to try. We walked there and had a delicious breakfast. I had a fried chicken biscuit. We enjoyed that then we walked around the City Market for a bit before heading back to our hotel to pack up and continue our journey to Hilton Head. We knew we would most likely skip lunch after having a big breakfast. The drive to Hilton Head was only about an hour and was a nice scenic drive through the South Carolina country. We arrived in Hilton Head around 12. We stopped at a McDonald's b/c I desperately needed coffee. I had had a mimosa with my breakfast and was dragging a bit. We got to the hotel and of course our room wasn't ready. We walked the grounds for a bit and tried to get a lay of the land. The kids and Austin went ahead to change into swimsuits. I didn't...1) I was on my period and 2) I wasn't crazy about changing in a public bathroom and dragging my clothes around. Anyway we tried to head out and find me a place to sit, but there were no chairs to be found on the beach or by the pool. I finally decided to just wait in the lobby and told them to go have fun. I had my book and iced coffee. I also ended up texting back and forth with Wendy a bit. I was perfectly fine. Finally after they swam/played for about and hour and a half they came back to check on me and our room was ready. I had decided that we should go eat a mid-afternoon meal then come back and swim when the pool was less crowded. We got up to our room and it was so nice. It was plenty spacious and had a balcony. Also since it was a Sonesta they left us treats when we got there. We dug into the fruit and cheese right away. We then headed out to find this place Hudson's we had heard about. We got there around 4. There was already a line. We found out they closed between lunch/dinner, but we decided to wait it out. They would open back up at 4:30. Once they opened we walked right in. We really enjoyed our meal and the scenery. It was a great experience. Afterwards we drove back to the hotel for some more beach/pool time. We went to the beach first. It was super windy by that point and the beach had cleared out a lot. I just sat on a towel and read my book. We did that for about an hour before they decided to go swim in the pool. I sat contentedly by the pool too. We finally went up to our room and everyone got cleaned up and ready for bed. It was a great day. I hated the homeless feeling, but overall it was a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment