Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Coastal Trip Day 5

 So our 5th day of our venture had us waking up in Hilton Head. We woke up to some stormy weather. Austin and the kids decided they would go ahead though and try to beat the rain and get out to the pool and beach. Austin had also rented us chairs. We had a lot of laundry already by this point of the trip so since it was raining I decided I would go ahead and do our laundry while they swam and played. We also just had a light breakfast in the room of breakfast and granola bars. Well Austin and the kids helped get me set up in the laundry room and I had my book and phone and was pretty content. Well lightening chased them in about an hour later. So the kids went back to the room to get cleaned up and Austin sat with me while we waited on the clothes to dry. Once we got it all done we brought everything back to the room and organized it. Since the rain wasn't letting up we decided it would be a good time to go grab lunch. So we all got dressed and ready. We ended up at Zaxby's. We didn't think the lobby was open so we brought it back to the hotel. This actually ended up being a sweet memory. We ate our chicken on the balcony and just enjoyed being together. After lunch it had cleared off enough I knew we all needed to get out and enjoy the beach chairs. I decided I wasn't going to put on my swimsuit so I just went out in my shorts and raincoat. It was actually really cool so I was happy to have my jacket with me. The kids had the best time playing though. Austin and I were able to just sit and watch them. We stayed out there a couple hours. It was nice because hardly anyone else was out. The weather did start to get better so more people were coming out, but still not crowded at all. They decided they wanted to rent bikes and ride along the beach. During this part I decided I would go back up to the room. I needed to finish organizing the laundry. So I mostly sat out on the balcony and read my book. Sometimes on vacation I just enjoy the quiet time. The got back upstairs about an hour or so later. We rested and got cleaned up for dinner. We decided to go to Salty Dog. It seemed like a very family friendly place. We got there and it was super busy and crowded, but the weather was nice and they had a lot of waiting space. We had told them first available for seating. We went into the shops and got a few souvenirs then we just sat at a table and enjoyed the atmosphere. We ended up waiting about an hour I believe. Our table was outside near the water and the singer they had. It was super nice. We had the best time and the food was really good too. After dinner we decided to go play putt-putt. We found this cute, family owned putt-putt place. It was super busy though so it took us about 3 hours to finish. We were 10 that night getting back to the hotel. It was fun though. We were all ready for bed that night though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment