Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Library Fun and Home cooked meal!


Today I took Colby to the library for infant/toddler storytime. I have been wanting to take him to this but it always conflicted with GymRompers. Well right now we are between sessions for that so I figured now would be the time to go! It was mainly just to get out of the house but I figured it would be fun for him to be around other kids too. I have to say its not nearly as entertaining as GymRompers but I think Colby had fun. The lady that does it just isn't very peppy so she didn't keep the kids attention at all. I was glad we went though. We met another mom with a little boy who is about Colby's age just a couple months younger. So we got to visit and Colby played with Andy. He just needs that interaction ya know. He is the only one right now at church his age so even on Sundays he doesn't get to interact with other children. So we will continue our library visits until GymRompers begins in September.

Today I was also proud of myself I cooked a pork roast with rice, green beans, and corn on the cob. It was really yummy! Colby ate really well too. He ate a lot of pork roast, mac n cheese, peas, carrots, and green beans. I am so proud of my little boy for eating so good. He also had applesauce and Teddy Grahms to top it all off.

Oh and today I feel bad but Colby really tested my patience. I find some days I have more patience with him then others. He acts the same every day but I guess sometimes it bothers me more then others. Either my mood or I am more tired. Anyway he aggravated me several times today and I had to fuss. I just pray tomorrow I will have more patience to sit down and play with him. I know these days are so precious that I need to soak up all the time I can with my little boy before he is off to school and doesn't want to play with mommy! So God, just give me the patience I need tomorrow to be the best mommy and wife that I can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment