Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lunch with old friends

Today was Sunday and it was a great day! We went to church and Sunday School as usual. It was great because Austin was off too! He is usually off on Sundays but sometimes has to work. It seems easier whenever he is there to help with Colby plus it is nice to be able to sit in worship with my husband.
Sunday School was good...right now I am teaching the "creeper class" which is babies 6-12 months. Right now it is just Colby and I. We are longing for some families to join our church with kids Colby's age. He used to have a large class. It was him, Cameron, Blake, and Madi. It was so nice and fun to see him interact with "friends". I really have a heart right now for this age and I have put some work into the room so I hope soon we will have a few babies in there for me to teach. Colby will actually be promoting to the toddler room in a few weeks. He really loves church though. He always has! I think he enjoys the different atmosphere and the freedom of a whole room of basically just toys. He has a blast! He did really well during extended care too. Sometimes I worry that he will cry since he isn't used to being left. The only people who really keep him are my parents. But he always ends up doing great! I think he has only had a couple of Sundays where he has cried and those I think ended up b/c he wasn't feeling well or something! They said he took a nap during the class which I was glad because we had lunch plans.
Well on to lunch...today we were able to meet the Picketts for lunch at Cannon's uptown. It was so great to see Stefanie and her parents. I miss them so much! I feel like though each time we just pick up where we left off. I just wish we had more time to visit! Colby did really well...he got antsy but he didn't ever pitch a fit or anything so we have to be proud of that! He wanted to be in someone's lap though most of the time! He also tried chicken off of Austin's plate! He will eat just about anything! I hated I didn't get a picture of us today but I didn't even bring my camera with me!
Once we got home we changed Colby out of his church clothes and into a onesie and some comfie shorts, made a bottle for him, and we expected him to drink it and then be out! Oh no he had other plans! We put him in his crib around 2:45...well until 3:45 or later he decided to talk and squeal. I was fine with this until he started getting whiny then I told Austin to go lay him down and turn his music back on. Apparently thats just what he needed b/c we have not heard a peep and its now 5:15. I really don't want him to sleep past 6 b/c then he will not want to go to bed tonight! So I will probably go in there in a little while and try to wake him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment