Wednesday, August 5, 2009

spots and more spots


So Colby has spots! Before anyone freaks out though they are caused from the MMR vaccine he recieved about a week and a half ago. It freaked me out a little yesterday when I got him up and started undressing him and I see red spots all over! My first thought was oh no he got the chicken pox then I started thinking he might be allergic to something! I spent most of the day yesterday trying to figure out what had happened to my little boy! It finally hit me to check the internet. I typed in rashes and it came up with an article about a toddler who had a rash after getting the MMR vaccine. I then looked up more info about the vaccine and found out that this is a common occurance! I don't know why the doctors don't really inform you of these things when they give your child shots who knows...now I know though! I also found a great website vaccineinformation.org. Its a great place to go for new moms especially! Anyway nothing else major has been happening. Colby had a swim playdate with the Grubbs girls on Monday. It was a lot of fun but did tire Colby out...plus I could tell he wasn't totally feeling himself anyway with the oncoming of this rash thing plus he is cutting more teeth. What fun being a 1 year old must be! Lots of shots and lots of teeth coming in at once! My poor baby! Well tomorrow we leave for Hattiesburg! I am looking forward to the change of scenery/pace. It always gets Colby a little out of his routine but we are fortunate to have an apartment there so it does help we can get away and keep him on schedule as much as possible! It should be a fun trip and just a fun time to get away and the 3 of us spend some quality time together as well! We hope to take Colby to Chuck E. Cheese while we are there. I think he will really like it! We have said since last year when Colby turned a year we would take him! He got to ride a little car ride last time we were in H-town in the mall and he loved it! So going by that I think he will love Chuck E. Cheese...he hasn't really eaten any pizza but maybe he will try it and like it! Well I will close for now b/c I have an antsy baby who is ready for his mommy to go play with him!



No comments:

Post a Comment