Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Back 2 School!

So last week began our back 2 school! We were back into the full time routine with Colby starting back on Monday. Monday after dropping him off Lindsay and I went to get coffee then had to grocery shop. I was glad to take her to get coffee before she is in full time. That afternoon we hung out and enjoyed our time together before going to pick him up. I think she really missed him and was also upset b/c she didn't get to start to school that day! 
Tuesday was a very busy day for me. We were watching our little friend Makylee that morning. We picked her up whenever I dropped Colby off at school. I decided a park trip would be necessary b/c I wasn't sure I wanted to be home all day with a 3 and 4 year old! it was nice b/c it was fairly overcast and breezy at the park. Our friends Sadie and Ebbie met us as well. The girls all had a great time playing. We got there at 8:30 and stayed until about 10:30. It was about 11 when we got in. I tried to get a few things accomplished around the house but I was distracted with the girls. Finally around 11:30 I made them their lunch. By 12:30 they were ready to watch a movie. I was shocked when during the movie I looked over and Makylee was asleep! My kids have never fallen asleep watching a movie! She ended up sleeping the whole afternoon. We finally woke her up at 2:30 so we could get ready to go pick up Colby. After getting Colby her dad met us in the parking lot to get her. We came home and relaxed a bit before I had to get ready that night for parent orientation. My parents came over and watched the kids and we went to the orientation. I am excited again for a new year! We think its going to be a great year for both kids. After orientation we did our yearly thing and went to have dinner. We just went to Chickfila...even though its nothing fancy its just a sweet time to get to talk and catch up and if nothing else just enjoy the quiet of no kids! 
Wednesday was another school day for us ofcourse. I had a meeting with our new preschool director at PJs. Lindsay got to be there for the ride. She did really well and was super patient. She colored and played games on my phone. We met for 2 hours. After that she and I went to Target to get a few things. We came home and just enjoyed some down time. She took a long nap that afternoon. We thought we were going to church for a children's meeting that night but the bottom ended up falling out as Colby was getting home from school. My parents brought him home. Well it slacked off so the kids and I got ready and thought we would try to go anyway. We were going to eat at Cane's before. Well right whenever we crossed into Algiers the sky opened up again. I could hardly see and I couldn't imagine trying to get the kids in/out of the car in that! At that point I just knew it wasn't worth it. We picked up our chicken and came home! I felt bad not being there but I feel like maybe God knew we just needed a night in. It was nice to get them in bed early. 
Thursday we had a nice girls day. We ended up meeting my friend Ashley and Jackson for an early lunch. It rained again almost all day so it was nice to get out and let Lindsay do some playing. We ate at chickfila and visited while the kids played. That night we stayed in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment