Monday, August 8, 2016

Last Week of Summer

So this week has been all about enjoying the last week of summer and recovering from camp. 
So on Monday I felt like we hit the ground running. We were up early that morning b/c I had a 9:00 dentist appointment. I brought the kids to my parent's house so they could swim and play. After the dentist appointment I went and did my grocery shopping for the week. I have to admit it was nice going alone again. Not that my kids are bad in the grocery its just a whole other experience of constantly talking or answering questions and a lot of times I feel frazzled. My parents kept them all afternoon until about 4. I did enjoy the quiet and rest and it came at a perfect time with camp. 
Tuesday the kids and I had a fun day. First we had to wait until the dryer repairman came. After that we were able to get dressed and go to Target. We had to get Layla a b-day present and exchange one of Colby's Lego sets. After that we had a fun outting. We went to meet Lizzie at the hospital. We had been telling her all summer that we wanted to do that. Once we finally found a parking space we went up to the 2nd floor to find her in her office. She showed us around the cardiology unit a bit. She even did an echocardiogram on Colby. After that we went down to the 1st floor to the cafeteria. She bought us lunch and we had a nice visit with her. The kids had chicken tenders and fries and she and I had gumbo. After that she brought us up to the top floor to see the helicopter but unfortunately it wasn't there. We then went down to the Ambulance Bay and actually saw an ambulance pull in. I think the kids really enjoyed it and now they might consider something in medicine as a future career to explore. The rest of the day was pretty low key. 
Wednesday we woke up to what seemed like was going to be bad weather. We had debated a park or even the Children's Museum. When I saw how overcast and stormy it looked I wasn't sure we would be able to do either. Luckily by the time we were dressed and ready it still hadn't rained so we decided to pack up and hit the park. We went to the park closest to our house not knowing if it would rain shortly after arriving. It was a park we hadn't been to in quite awhile. It doesn't have a whole lot of shade so going there on a sunny day during the summer would be miserable. It was perfect though! It was overcast, windy, and even a slight mist at times. The kids had a blast! We ended up staying an hour! There was only one other kid there and she was 4. I loved watching them swing and climb and just be kids. There's always been something special about going to a park for me. I don't think kids get enough "park" time. I love it and I guess I appreciate it more now b/c with them getting older and more activities and school we just don't get to go as often as we once did. It just made me thankful for their ages right now. After the park I decided to take them to lunch at Chickfila. I figured it would be our last "lunch out" before school. We had a nice time just visiting. I even let them turn in their books for icecream. It was just a sweet morning! The rest of the day we hung out at home. 
Thursday was Meet the Teacher for us. We were excited to go and meet both of their teachers since they were both new. Colby's teacher is an older lady that has been teaching for 20+ years. I look forward to the year ahead. I think she is going to do great things with them! He hasn't had a "seasoned" teacher since prek so I am looking forward to what her life experience has to offer in the classroom. Lindsay's teacher was also very sweet. She seems excited to teach prek and I think will be a great fit. After that we went to my parents house to let the kids swim. I hated I didn't get in b/c it was SO hot but the kids enjoyed it. They swam then we ate lunch. Colby stayed and spent the night with them. It was nice having a quiet afternoon with Lindsay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment