Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Precious Weekend

Weekends are always a breath of fresh air after a busy week! This week was especially busy so I was very happy when Friday rolled around! After 3 straight days of working I was relieved I didn't have to go in. I started the morning with coffee with my friend Virginia before running a couple errands. I was definitely happy to get home and have some time at home by myself. That afternoon I picked up the kids and Colby had piano lessons. He has always had an "interest" in music but I have never really known anyone to teach him lessons. Well Carly approached us this fall and said she would be starting them up! Anyway she lives close to us and the lessons started at 4. Lindsay and I dropped him off then went to the library to check out some books. From what I hear he did well and enjoyed them. I also enjoyed the library trip with her. I am hoping she will get interested in it and will begin lessons in January. I want to give Colby a little time to get settled then my plan is to drop them both off at 4 and have until 5 before I go pick them up. So after lessons we picked up dinner then came home. I was ready to collapse in a heap on the couch! The kids and I spent time outside and just relaxed. That night we did movie night and watched Pippi Longstocking. 
Saturday Austin was off and it felt good to sorta sleep in as a family. Although sleeping until 7 is about as late as I get these days. That morning Austin cooked a big breakfast for the kids while I got ready to go out and have breakfast with Lindsay's teacher. After finding out she has breast cancer I really wanted to just hang out with her and get to know her a bit. It was really good visiting with her. I have known her for about 5 years. We have never really been close though. She's just someone I knew of. She taught Colby VBS a couple years ago. I have always liked her it just seemed like we weren't in the same circle. Anyway it was a nice time of fellowship. My prayer is that I really can be an encourager and a help to her during this time. Its also been mentioned to me about me possibly taking over her class? Again I am not sure how I feel about this. In one way I think it would be super fun and I would also love to do it to help her out and help the school. Plus I know honestly I could do a good job. It just scares me though b/c I am already SO BUSY and working 3 days last week completely wore me out so I can't even imagine full time! Anyway I am praying on it and if I get asked then I will prayerfully consider it. So once I got home from that we all left to go to Aurora to the Family Fall Festival. It was super fun being there! My kids were in their happy place. They both had besties to play with and they just RAN and RAN hard! We were there from 11 until almost 2! It was nice to visit with all the people I know around there too. Once we got home we all crashed for a bit. The afternoon was nice having time to spend together! Its always nice when Austin is home on a Saturday. That night we had steak and baked potatoes! So yummy! 
Sunday was another great family day. We were all able to go to church together! We went to first service and then went to lunch and came home. Sunday's are our day to rest and be together as a family. Colby had an opportunity to go hang out with a  friend and he even hesitated b/c he knew he had homework plus I think he gets that Sundays are kinda our day to chill. I was proud of him. We worked on homework and then hung out outside. We had a front go through so by that afternoon the temps were in the 70s and it felt so great! We ordered pizza then went for a walk that night! 
It was a nice weekend filled with just the right amount of fun and social stuff but also quiet enough that we got to rest up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment