Monday, October 30, 2017

New Normal

So this week has been interesting! Ever since I found out about Lindsay's teacher having cancer and wondering who would take her place I have felt God calling me to do this. It first began with the secretary telling me that I was like plan C or D. Then when I had breakfast with Lindsay's teacher she thought that the school was considering me. Then on Sunday I had a conversation with the 3 year old teacher and she made mention of it as well. I knew with all these people bringing it up that it wasn't coincidence. I was still determined though that I would not seek out the position but if it was offered to me I would prayerfully consider it. Well Monday I had a really low key day. I look back and I am so thankful that God gave me that day to just REST. I grocery shopped then stayed home all day and that was such a blessing. We also didn't have anywhere to be after school so that was nice as well. We had a nice family night. Austin got home early and we had cheesy chicken over rice and fresh green beans. It was a nice way to start the week. 
Tuesday was a bit busier. I began the day with my Ladies Bible Study. It was lovely to be back at this but also bittersweet knowing that I might not be able to attend for awhile. During the time I was waiting on it to start the principal called me into her office to talk. At this point she offered the kindergarten job to me. She asked if I would be willing to step in and take the class while Mrs. Schifflin has surgery or be willing to be her aide if she has to go through chemo first? I went home to pray about it but I pretty much knew I would do it. I was nervous and overwhelmed but also felt God calling me to this opportunity. I was glad to go home and have a few hours to myself after Bible study though. That evening Austin came home and we just had a supper of hot dogs and mac n cheese. It was nice to have a low key night at home. 
Wednesday was when my life changed! So since I got asked to help out with kindergarten I knew I should come atleast one day so I could observe and see what their day looks like. This was on my one free day for the week. I hated that I couldn't spend it like planned...relaxing and running errands. Anyway the day was fun but OH so tiring! I enjoyed hanging out with them though. Its a really sweet class so I think it should be an easy adjustment for all. It also meant our church plans would change up a bit. I mean originally we had planned to go but with this I knew I needed time to rest. We ended up going by my parent's house to work on homework then going back up to the church to eat dinner before going home. The kids seemed ok with it which I was thankful. I did enjoy the time we got to visit and hang out though at dinner. We got in and had to finish homework before getting the kids off to bed. Again I was SO tired! 
Thursday would be another marathon day. I was feeling thankful though to just be going to teach music and not a full day! I am so going to miss my little music class over the next few weeks. It was a good week and we did some fall songs. I really didn't teach them any Halloween songs this year. I was super happy to come on home and have lunch and a couple hours of quiet! After a nap and a cup of coffee I felt so much better!! I felt human again! Colby had a kickball game after school. He doesn't get super into it...I am glad he's giving it a try even though he mostly just stands around on the field...sigh! I just want him to be involved and get the exercise. Its all about fun anyway. Lindsay also enjoys the time with friends b/c they bring the aftercare kids out and there are like 3 kids from her class there. After the game we went to my parent's house for dinner and homework. I know my mom and dad really enjoy the hustle and bustle. Even though I know its a lot of work for them I think having their house full of life on a school night is fun for them. I am so thankful we don't have to drive home or worry about dinner on these crazy nights. Afterwards we went on to Scouts. These are crazy days but I know this season of life is so fleeting. Colby loves Scouts and its been so good for him. I had contemplated going on home but Lindsay really wanted to go and I felt revived after a nap and some coffee. This week they learned about physical fitness. The kids passed out that night in their beds though! They were worn out! Oh and it took us like an hour to get home! Anyway needless to say I think we were all happy for our beds and for the upcoming weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment