Monday, November 6, 2017

Farm Day and Weekend Bliss

Well as if I didn't already adore weekends?!? Well now I love them even more. After 3 days straight of "working" I was pooped and ready for some downtime! 
So Friday we were all home which was cool. We all got to attend Farm Day together as a family. It was the first year we were able to do that! I know the kids were super happy to have Austin with us! So we didn't get to sleep in but we were all excited and ready for the day. We got there early b/c Austin was designated in charge of the fire pit and I was there as  a teacher helper. Anyway I hung with kindergarten the whole time. It was fun getting to see the class and be around them for that time. Lindsay had a blast with her little friends. I didn't get to see much of Colby but he's sorta past that phase of wanting mom around anyway. I think every year they top Farm Day. It is bittersweet though when I think back that we were really just here for Colby's first and now its his 5th and Lindsay's 2nd. I think both of their favorites were of course the farm animals. That afternoon we enjoyed resting and hanging out as a family. It felt so good to be home by 12:30. We mostly just took it easy. Colby did go to piano lessons. He's really doing well and enjoying that so far. That night we ate and did our usual movie night. 
Saturday for sure felt good for us all to sleep in. Austin went up to Hattiesburg though that morning with my parents. I stayed home with the littles. We just had so much to do that I couldn't imagine leaving to go out of town. With now knowing I would be working the following week Saturday was a precious day for me to just catch up on life. The kids and I went to Target and Party City. We got all the halloween things and even invites for Lindsay's upcoming 6th b-day party. We picked up Chickfila then came home to just hunker down and rest and be productive. The day was nice and I enjoyed the time spent with them. 
Sunday we were up of course for church. Austin of course rode back with my parents and we saw them all at church. It was nice to have a "normal" Sunday. We ate lunch at a Mexican place after first service then came home to relax and watch the SAINTS game. Austin got out that afternoon to go grocery shopping for us. That will be our new normal for awhile. I helped the kids with their school work and worked a bit on my own. 
It felt good to catch up on rest over the weekend as we prepared for a BUSY week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment