Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Back to Teaching

So last week began my new life of working full time. Mrs. Schifflin was still there though on Monday. It helped getting to be there with her for 2 days to see how she does things. Tuesday was my first day alone and of course it was Halloween. I felt like things went well and that the class responded to me. I planned a fun craft and book for them that day. They don't really celebrate Halloween but I wanted to make the day slightly different and fun for them. 
Wednesday I felt like the day was a little more stressful and tiring. Part of that could be that we have chapel on Wednesdays and then we don't get another break. That makes for a tiring day. The class was also a little bit more wound up. I had to clip a few down. I think it was a combination of all the changes plus the day after Halloween. 
Thursday was a good day. I felt like the kids did much better except this kid named Melvin. I felt like he was out of control all day. I even asked several other staff members about him. I was thankful though that that was my "Friday". That afternoon after school Colby had a kickball game. After that we got to come home. I was glad Scouts was cancelled for the week. With everything else going on I really wouldn't have felt like going to that too. Plus I was able to spend the evening packing and preparing for our upcoming trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment