Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving Break Part 3

Gosh I feel like we were so busy, but accomplished so much over the break. 
Well Black Friday Austin had to return to work so it was the kiddos and I and his mom. We had planned to go to the Children's Museum. That's sorta become a tradition for us. I had a really good time watching the kids just play and be kids. We don't get to go there too much now with them both in school. I hope to do some more fun trips when they are out for Christmas. I think Austin's mom enjoyed watching them play as well. I am so thankful that Colby can still enjoy the museum with his sister. We also met Austin for lunch at Jimmy John's. That has become another tradition for our family. Its these little things that I love most about the holiday season. We had a nice visit. We came home after that and tried to rest. By this point I was really wishing to have the house back. We enjoyed having Austin's mom here but with me working right now its hard b/c I don't get a lot of alone time anymore like I was used to. I was so weary by this point. Colby had piano that afternoon and fortunately Austin got home early. We had gumbo and leftovers for dinner. We did movie night with the kids and they watched Charlotte's Web since we had just finished the book this week. 
Saturday Austin was up early to help his mom get out of the city. The kids and I stayed home and focused on getting ready. Saturday ended up being a SUPER busy day! As soon as he got home we got ready to leave the house. Our first stop was the Educator b/c I wanted to get a few Christmas things for my room. After that we had to go by Petsmart. We promised the kids we would go see the movie Coco. The only thing with movies is they take most of your day. I knew though Lindsay especially was dying to go see it and I knew if we didn't see it then it would be after Christmas before we would make it. So I am glad we went! The movie was super cute! After the movie we had a late lunch at a Mexican restaurant. We then had to go by our old house b/c our friends sadly lost their baby and so we had to go check on their cat and get their mail and such. After that we went to get our tree! Whew it was a lot! It was late afternoon before we got home. I think we all rested for a short bit but we knew we still had a lot to do. We spent that evening working on decorations. We had leftovers for dinner. I think we were all happy to see our beds that night as well! 
Sunday was another whirlwind day! We started the day with church. It was nice to be there as a family. After church we stopped in my classroom to put up the Thanksgiving stuff and put up a Christmas bulletin board. Once we got that done we dropped the boys off at the house and Lindsay and I went to the store. We got our grocery shopping out the way then we came in and all ate lunch. We had to get busy after that with decorating and Colby's project. We finished up the majority of the decorating...although it took until past dark to finish Austin. Bless it! Poor Austin! It was such a busy day! None of us really stopped. Also tempers flared...I think we had just all hit our max by that point. I mean honestly Thanksgiving break wasn't super relaxful...I mean the start was but the second half was SO SO busy! Anyway we finished everything! We also busted our tails to finish Colby's project and make his cinnamon rolls only to find out the project wasn't due until Friday!! Oh well I am so glad we got it all done early!! Again we were all so happy to see our beds that evening! 
It was a nice Thanksgiving break...I feel like we got to do a lot. It was different between company and me only being off a week from work. I feel like we are having to cram more stuff in b/c of that. We are trusting God though in this season. I know he placed me in this position so we are working at learning to cope in stressful situations and yet learning we have so much to be thankful for! 


No comments:

Post a Comment