Monday, December 4, 2017

Back to the Groove

So of course this week we went back to school after Thanksgiving break. Monday morning was so hard to get going again. I found that entire day to be hard. The kids were whiny and honestly I wanted to be whiny too. After a whole week off I had a hard time finding my groove. We made it though! That night we enjoyed being together and having a low key school night. 
Tuesday was a VERY busy day! We had school of course then after school I had my first Faculty Meeting. It lasted until about 5:00. Luckily my parents were able to get the kids from school and do homework with them. Once I picked them up we picked up Canes then came home for baths and bed. Austin also was out of town. It was quite exhausting being a single, working mom. 
Wednesday was another super busy day...might I mention too that Tuesday and Wednesday I had no breaks during the school day. Let's just say that's hard on a teacher! You go non-stop from 8-4 basically. Also Wednesday is the day we stay late. Its the only day I really care to stay and do anything after school. It works out well though b/c I clean desks, sweep, and sharpen pencils as well as do other stuff around the room. That evening Ella joined us so it was a little crazy having 3 kids in there. Finally I was ready to leave so we went outside where the aftercare kids were. They enjoyed playing for a bit. We stayed at the church for dinner. I am always wiped out though. On one hand I enjoy visiting with people, but on another hand its so hard after a long day. I hate that in this season my kids are missing church, but I just cannot stay there until 8. Especially this week since Austin was out of town. We were after 6 getting home anyway. Then it was super busy with baths and bed for the kids. 
Thursday was a complete whirlwind of a day! School ended up being a very good day though. It was just one of those days that I felt like everything fell into place. We also ended up having computer which I was extremely excited to get that break. It was also good for the kiddos b/c it rained so we weren't able to have outside recess. They did very well inside though. That was our first indoor recess since I've been teaching. That afternoon kickball got cancelled but we still had Scouts. We went to my parent's house after school. I always enjoy being over there with them. It just makes for a long day. Scouts went ok..I felt like my kids were unruly though. I know they were tired though. They act out like that when they are exhausted. I still lectured them, but I understood they had been going so strong all week. 
It was a good week and I can't believe another one is down! 


No comments:

Post a Comment