Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Snow Days and Birthday Party!

So this weekend started on a very exciting note! Well there's been talk of winter weather or snow all week. I have honestly been praying that it would snow and cancel school. Well that didn't happen. We had cold, rainy weather the 2nd half of the week. It was nice at first, but then made for some long days at school. The kids handled it well though and seemed to enjoy their inside recess. We've only had to have about 4 indoor recesses since I've been there so that's a blessing. Anyway while we were at lunch on Friday it started to SNOW! Such a fun sight! It didn't stick to the ground at all, but it was so sweet when all the kids ran outside and were screaming and laughing! It truly brought tears to my eyes and was such a "treasured" moment. It made me forget all the stresses and tiredness and I just tried to soak up that moment and be thankful. I am thankful my kids were at school and were able to share that moment with friends. I am thankful I was there to witness it! Friday once we got home it felt so good to be in and settled though. It was freezing outside! We had pizza for dinner and watched The Polar Express. It was a nice night just hanging out as a family.
Saturday we got up bright and early to prep for the b-day party. We had cleaning and getting ready to do! I felt so crazy with being a working momma this year and not being able to do much prep ahead of time. We got it all done though and the party was a success. We had about a dozen little girls here for her painting party. Everyone had a great time! The 2 ladies that led the painting did such a terrific job! It was such a blessing for my little girl! She loved it!! I was so happy all her friends were able to make it except two. The only ones we were missing was Jordyn from school and Claire from her old school. Its fun to see her church friends and school friends unite. We also had Ella here for Colby. I was happy he had someone his own age to hang with. He was a little bummed b/c his friend Nijel was supposed to come but didn't show up. We had Ebbie (6), Lindsay (6), Layla (6), Mia (6), Eden (5 1/2), Mirabelle (5) and Genevieve (6) here to paint. The girls were so cute and did such a great job. Even though we had to move the party inside everything turned out great. After painting we let the kids eat then they played in Lindsay's room for a bit. We then had them do cake/presents. A few braved the cold outside and played on the playground as well. It was a great day! We are so blessed that so many people love our little girl. After the party we cleaned up the house a bit then we all took naps. I was so tired. It felt so good to finally stop and nap! That afternoon we decided to get out and run errands. That has been one of the hardest parts of this season is learning to balance on the weekends what I normally have ALL week to do. We went to Fleurty girl and that was a fun time. We got what we needed and got out. After that we went to Hobby Lobby. There I was able to get stuff for our class Christmas party. I was happy we were able to check some things off the never ending list! We then went to eat at Outback. Eating out at night seems rare these days so it was a nice treat! After we even rode around a bit to look at Christmas lights. I was thankful for that family memory. In the midst of the crazy! 
Sunday was another pretty busy day! We had church, then the grocery store. We did get to come home and hang out after that though. Colby had a project to work on though so I felt like that consumed our afternoon. Sundays are always very busy with trying to prepare for the upcoming week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment