Friday, December 15, 2017

All Things Christmas

Well we are marching right on towards Christmas! I can hardly believe it! This year has been so different. On one hand I honestly am loving teaching and being back in the classroom...but part of my heart aches b/c I feel like I am missing out on my moments as a stay at home mom. I keep telling myself though that this is the season God placed us in. I can't think about anything, but that! Its an encouragement on the long days when I just long to be home. I feel like its a tough balance of being able to fulfill my mom/wife jobs but also its such a blessing b/c I am at school with my kids. So even though I am working atleast I am working WHERE they are at school. Anyway this week we are a little over a week from Christmas break! I am so excited and ready! The kids are feeling the excitement as well. I have enjoyed celebrating though and talking about the true meaning of Christmas with them as well though. 
Monday and Tuesday we were fortunate to be home. I treasure those afternoons that we get to come home. Although Monday was a hard day. I lost my temper with the kids and ended up feeling terrible. I just let Satan get a hold of me. We ended up making the most of the evening though. Austin brought home Chickfila for dinner. It was our 13th anniversary. The season of life we are currently in I think we were both completely fine with it! Tuesday Colby didn't have homework so that was a much needed blessing and made for a much more relaxed night which was lovely. 
Wednesday was a long day for us. We of course had school. We have been staying for dinner at church but this was the last week of Wednesday nights until sometime in January and it was the Christmas Party night for Jumpstart so I knew I needed to stay and let the kids participate. It ended up being a really great night and I was glad we stayed even though I was SO tired when it was all said and done! It made me realize that even though Wednesdays are always super hard I feel so blessed after. 
Thursday was another LONG one! We had school then that afternoon I had a Staff Christmas party. I brought the kids to my parent's house per tradition in this season. I got to visit for a few minutes before heading back up to the school. We started with a gift exchange game which was really fun. I just enjoyed the fellowship! I really love all the teachers and it was fun to get to be around them and visit rather then just quick visits between wrangling kids. After that we all went over to Sun Ray for our dinner. It was really nice. Mrs. Schifflin was there which was so nice to see her. I enjoyed getting to visit with her as well. We received the sweetest little gifts from the principal as well. Its definitely been a different season of life. Its been hard in many ways, but its also been so sweet. I hope to stay involved in the school in a more leadership role instead of just a parent, but we will see. I know this was a God thing! I never really thought I would ever go back into the classroom. I have honestly loved every minute of it. I have a feeling Thursday will be a bit emotional for me b/c I will miss it and I will miss the kids greatly. Its a hard job, but its super rewarding! 


No comments:

Post a Comment