Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Halloween and Fall Fest

Wow last week was quite a week with all the excitement! Tuesday was Halloween. I have decided I dislike very much for Halloween to fall on a week day. Its just so hard. This is the first time in our kid's lives though that its fallen on a Tuesday. Since it was a regular school day for us we got home a little after 4 and hurried to get homework finished then prepared for company. My parents and Randall and Lizzie were coming over to hang out! This is our tradition. I hated we couldn't include friends this year but between me working and it being on a school night there was just no way. We had fun though! My parents got here around 5 and my mom was a HUGE help getting everything prepared. We ate around 5:30 and left shortly after to Trick or Treat. The kids had a blast! Its amazing how grown up they are though! I sorta miss the toddler days! But I do say we are in the sweet spot of life. They still love this stuff but they are also old enough to go up to the doors alone. It was great just being out and socializing! 
Wednesday was another big day for us! It was our church's Fall Fest. We stayed after school. Its just too hard now to try and drive home on a Wednesday. It also gives me one day a week where I can truly focus on cleaning up the classroom. I choose not to stay late any other day so I feel like I make up for it on Wednesday. That's the day I sanitize the desks, sweep, sharpen pencils...those type things! That night I was so tired but I had to hang in there for my kids' sake. I did enjoy getting to visit with a few friends. The kids had a blast though. Once Colby's friend Nijel arrived I didn't see much of him. Lindsay never really ran off with anyone. She did spend some time in the bounce house I guess but i felt like she was a bit more "needy." Those events are hard for me when it starts getting dark and there are kids everywhere. Lindsay started having a meltdown at around 6:30 over a popped balloon. Finally I looked at Austin and I said ITS time to go! We left out of there! I was so relieved to leave! Again I am glad we went for their sake and had I not been working all day it would have been different. But Halloween and Fall Fest back to back in the same week made for a hard and long week. 
Its all fun though and I do love seeing my kids have fun especially this time of year with all the holiday stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment