Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving Day 2017

Its hard to believe another Thanksgiving has come and gone. This year we had Austin's mom staying with us. We woke up early and Austin got right to frying turkeys. I stayed busy inside cleaning up around the house and preparing us to leave later that morning. We also on/off watched the Macy's Day Parade. The kids were outside most of the morning so that was nice too! We have been blessed with such gorgeous weather this fall. 
We went over to my parent's house around 12. It was just us, Austin's mom, my parents, and Randall and Elizabeth. It was nice just having family around. We of course mostly visited and ate. We had SO much food. It was nice reminiscing and laughing around the table. We also per tradition wrote down what we were most Thankful for and read them at the table. 
After dessert we decided to take our traditional walk in the park. I am glad we have started this. I think we started this tradition around the time Lindsay was 2 and Colby was 5. Its fun for them to be able to run around/play. I also think its good for the adults to get out and move around instead of slouching around on the couch. We didn't get back that evening to our house until after 6. We made turkey sandwiches for dinner and relaxed. I think we were all pretty pooped. 
It was a great day and I was thankful to be here and with family. I forgot to add though we awoke to sad new of our good friends Brittany and Chris losing their baby girl Rose overnight. That did make it a tough day in some aspects. 

1 comment: