Sunday, October 22, 2017

Pumpkins and Teaching

Well this week has turned into another QUITE busy one! 'Tis the season I suppose. I told a friend that basically from now through December will be this way for us! Anyway so Monday Austin was off. It was nice to have him home again on a Monday. I did my usual grocery shopping then came home and then Austin and I got out and ran a few errands together. Its always nice to just hang out even if we are actually "working". Its nice to chat and not have the interruptions from the kids. We had po-boys for lunch and watched some tv together and relaxed. He then went outside while I decided to take a nap. I knew it might be one of my only down days during the week so I was completely ok with resting. The weather was amazing though and we did have all the windows up. Once the kids got home from school it was a MAD RUSH b/c we had less than an hour to get homework finished between the 2. We got it done and then we all headed out to Aurora to help unload pumpkins. I hated to not have our usual Monday evening at home as a family but I really felt like this was something we should participate in. We had a great time too! Its always fun to serve together as a family. We got there a few minutes after 5 and people were already working. It was so shocking that we were finished by 6! The kids were a big help but also enjoyed being with their friends. Also with the weather being so amazing it was just a fun night to be out and doing something with our community. They provided a dinner of hot dogs and chili which was quite yummy and we all enjoyed. After visiting and eating we decided to hit the road about 6:30. We got in and got everyone bathed then Colby still had a little school work left to do. It felt good to sit down that evening once the kids went to bed. 
Tuesday was another busy day! Well I was originally asked to help out in the Pumpkin Patch that day. That morning though I got a call from Mrs. Breaux the kinder teacher there wondering if I could sub. So they worked it out and found a replacement for the pumpkin patch. I loved her class! She has 5 sweet kids. The morning was a little hectic though since they had their field trip. I also really didn't have lesson plans to go from so we mostly were winging it. They did well though and I LOVED being back for the pumpkin patch! It brought back so many memories. In fact my phone reminded me that 5 years before was Colby's Pumpkin Patch field trip. I was tired though by the time I got home. That afternoon the kids and I hung out here. We did homework and cooked dinner. Austin got in early and was able to eat with us and we even took a walk. Again the weather has just been amazing so we were all thankful for that. Calvary had their Open House that night but we had decided as a family to skip it since we were out the house Monday. I hated to miss it but I knew with a busy week ahead and me working most of the day it was in our best interest. 
Wednesday was yet another whirlwind day! I got called in to sub again for kindergarten. I really enjoyed it though! I love that age and that class. I felt more with it and we had actual lesson plans to follow so I felt the day went smoothly. They were learning the letter G and the number 4 plus we talked a lot about pumpkins and their pumpkin patch field trip. I also read Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin to them. I also always love catching up with the other women that work there. After work I came home to enjoy 3-4 hours alone. I really needed the rest time. I had to lesson plan though and get geared up for that night with church. I honestly wanted to skip but I knew my kids really wanted to go and I knew I needed to be there for my little class of k-2nd grade girls. It was a good night. There was a smaller crowd there but my kids still had fun. 
Thursday was another OFF tot he Races kinda day! Well the day began with Awards for my littles! Now having 2 in school that are able to earn Awards the day is a HUGE deal! Colby earned Perfect Attendance and a Reading Award and Lindsay earned Alpha Honor Roll. I was super proud of them both! It was also fun as always to gather as a school family. After it was over Lindsay's teacher approached me and said she wanted to talk to me. I was nervous about what this would entail? Well I have had this suspicion that she has breast cancer. Well she had asked me and another mom to hang out. Once she got the kids to class she revealed to us that that was indeed true. So hard and so emotional. After that I had to get myself together to go teach music. I had to do a really abbreviated schedule at Aurora. I only taught the 4 older classes and for shorter time frames. It was good to be back though and see my friends there. That afternoon I had a short break between work and getting back to pick them up! Then more whirlwind! So that afternoon began Kickball season again. Colby had his first game. As tired as I was I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was so fun this year! They had cheerleaders out there and more spectators plus the after care kids came out to watch as well. Colby's team also won! Lindsay loved hanging out with some of her friends in Aftercare as well! As if that wasn't enough we left after the game and went to my parent's house so the kids could do homework and eat dinner. We had Scouts that night. It was fun being back over at my parent's house and I know they really enjoyed having us mid-week like that. Its such a comfort to go back home! That night fortunately Scouts was super quick! basically all they did was turn in their popcorn money and Melody had a few announcements. We were all happy to get in that night and get to bed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment