Friday, December 23, 2011

Big Brother















































So I thought I would do a post on how Colby is doing in the role of big brotherhood. I have to say its a much bumpier ride then I expected. He's doing well though but he is still adjusting. I think each week though has gotton better. He is finally becoming a little more interested in Lindsay and I think he will more so as time goes on and she gets bigger and can interact with him more. He acted out A LOT the first week we were home. I think he was just going through so many changes...its the holidays, he spent a few days with the grandparents, then Austin being off for quite a lot of time. He always gets a little crazy in December anyway. I remember going through this last year with him. And throw in a new little sister he's bound to go a little crazy?!?















He finished up his first half of the school year. We were able to see him perform at a Nursing home with his preschool. He sang and did well during the performance but the rest of the outting was a little interesting. He's pitched a lot more fits in public then he ever has before.















We are trying to make him feel special and included the best we can...I never dreamed balancing 2 kids would be so hard! We have also tried to keep his life as normal as we can. Still trying to get him out and my parents have helped a lot with that. He's spent a lot more time with them then usual but I don't think either party has minded =). He's also gotton a lot of one on one time with Austin which has been both good and bad. He loves spending time with his daddy and I think its special for them but then they have also been together a lot so they get testy around one another!















Austin and I decided yesterday to leave Lindsay with my parents and take Colby to the children's museum. It was easier to leave her plus it was a rainy day and not an ideal day to get a newborn out. Plus we figured it would be more special to Colby if it were just us and him. Even though right now Lindsay is pretty easy when we are out we still have to pay attention to her and abide to her feeding schedule. This was his first trip to the museum in months so he was very excited! We had a great time too...it was nice for him to go somewhere where we didn't have to constantly tell him no or correct him. We pretty much let him go and do what he wanted. I hope he remembers this time and that mommy and daddy tried to take time out for just him. I feel guilty already about how I divide my time between the 2. I know though it will get easier as I get used to balancing life with 2. I miss my one on one time with Colby though. He's been my little buddy for 3 1/2 years. My goal will be to have mommy/son time atleast once a week though. I hope to take him somewhere fun just me and him next week once I can drive again!















All in all he's so far been a great big brother. He talks to Lindsay and worries about her when she cries. We had our first scare last night though whenever he tried to pick her up and dropped her. Granted it was only 2-3 inches off the ground but it scared us. I fussed at him then felt bad...I know he didn't do it on purpose and it was probably our fault for never really telling him that he can't pick her up without help. He hasn't wanted to hold her at all until yesterday I got him to hold her for a few seconds but she was crying so I think it made him nervous! Anyway I know as she gets bigger he will love spending time with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment