Friday, December 30, 2011

City Park Playdate

Colby and I were able to have a special mommy/son day Friday. It was my goal to do something special with just him while he was out of school. My goal is really to do this atleast once a week. Colby has been my buddy for the last 3 1/2 years. And especially since he was 9 months old or so we have gone lots of places. He loves to be on the go and visit new and exciting things. I knew life would slow down with having a baby. We aren't slowing down so much though that we never get out we just can't do as much as we normally would. Its just not as logistically easy as it was with 1 child. Anyway my parents said they would keep Lindsay on Friday so that Colby and I could have some special time together. I decided to go to City Park. It had been since last December that he has been out there. I have been wanting to take him back for awhile but it just seems like life has gotton busy and we haven't been able to. I invited a couple of friends to come along thinking that would make it more fun for me and him. My friend Honey met us there with her son Max. Colby and Max go to school together and are pretty good friends. I also invited my friend Christina who recently moved into the neighborhood and her little boy who is 2. It was fun having other moms to visit with. I think this helped my spirits as well. Colby didn't play with Christiano too much but he and Max had fun. Although it was hard keeping up with 3 toddler boys. They all wanted to do different things it seemed!
Colby seemed to really have fun. It was good for him to just be able to run around outside and climb. He wouldn't do either slide though...I figured he wouldn't do the large dragon slide but he loved the Jack and Jill slide last time but he wouldn't even do that. I think the saying that 2 is fearless but at 3 they develop fears is so true. He wanted to so bad but never would. If I hadn't just had a baby 3 weeks prior I would have gone down with him. He kept telling me he would go next time with daddy. Usually Austin does all that kinda stuff with him. He said is favorite things where the boat, firetruck, and spaceship. After the park I took him to lunch at McAlister's. That was the first time me and him have eatin out a lone. We have gone with friends before but never just the 2 of us. It was really nice. I let him pick the place and he picked McAlister's. We got done pretty quickly then headed home to check on Lindsay and put both down for a nap! It was a great day and I'm looking forward to another mommy/son day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment