Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years

Man I can't believe another year has come and gone already! Its been a very fun and exciting year. We have really seen Colby grow up into a little boy. He really started talking at the first of the year. Its been very fun seeing his vocabulary expand. He also turned 3 which seems so old! He's not a baby anymore! He can do so much for himself now! We were able to take a couple fun trips this year. We took a trip to TN just the 3 of us! Looking back now I am so glad we did that! I never really thought about it being the last major trip we would take as a family of 3! We also took our yearly trip to Destin. Colby had a blast on the beach and in the pool! We also took many trips to Hattiesburg throughout the year! Colby loves playing with his cousins now and looks forward to any trip up there to see them! He also attended his first football game during the fall. He also began 3 year preschool. He now goes to school M,W,F. He loves his teacher and is doing really well! He has learned so much this year! He has developed little friendships which is adorable!
Ofcourse during this year we also welcomed the birth of our little girl. It was at the end so not much to report there. We look forward to what 2012 holds for her. Austin and I celebrated 7 years of marriage which is hard to believe! We also became a minivan family! We bought our van in October in preparation for 2 kids. And now I am soo happy we did!
Looking forward to 2012! I know it will hold many exciting adventures with 2 children! We hope to visit the beach again and also we are hoping to take Colby on a Disney Cruise! I am really excited about that! We also may take a smaller trip somewhere in the midst of all that just the 4 of us!
New Years was different this year for us for sure! We didn't even see the New Year in. Austin had to work both New Years and New Years Eve. New Years Eve was a long day for me! He didn't get home until 7:30. He did take Colby outside before bed to check out the "booms". I hated that we didn't get to buy our own fireworks but with Austin working and having a baby it just didn't work out. Next year we will definitely make a bigger deal out of it! We ended up going to bed before midnight too! I think Colby's first new years we missed it too! Its just too exausting to stay up that late when you know you will be up later with a baby!
New Years day was also different. Since it fell on a Sunday my parents brought Colby to church with them. Lindsay and I would have gone this week but since we were having New Years dinner I thought that was just too much coming and going for a baby. Colby spent the day with my parents though. It was kinda nice to have a quiet day with just her. Probably my last for a little while. I try to enjoy the times I only have 1 of them b/c its soo different with 2. I feel like I can't show either of them as much attention. Lindsay and I went over to my parent's house that afternoon. We all enjoyed New Years dinner. I am having to get used to these family functions again with a baby though. Its been nice the last year or so with Colby b/c he's so independent I can still visit and eat without much interruption. Lindsay stayed awake the whole time other then a couple minute catnaps and she would have nothing of staying in the pack n play while we ate. But she was still good and ofcourse everyone enjoyed holding her. I was glad Austin got to join us too...he was a little late but he still got there in plenty of time to visit and eat so that was nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment