Thursday, January 19, 2012

Family Days

Austin was off Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. I always soak up these days when he's off when we can just enjoy being a family of 4. We got to do some fun things this week to keep Colby busy so I am thankful for that!
Tuesday we took Colby over to a park by the lake. We haven't been there since last winter. I am trying to get us back into practice of taking Colby to parks. We used to do that several times a week but its been harder now with 2. I knew since he hadn't been to this park in awhile he would enjoy it. Its also a really nice, new park too. He had a really good time running around which was excellent for him. I feel like he's been couped up more then normal since his sister arrived. We figured it would also be good for Lindsay to get out in the sunshine. She did really well in her carseat in the stroller. We even took them both out to the pier to look at the lake. After the park we decided to go up to the mall to walk around. The last time we were at Lakeside was when Lindsay was only a week old so it was much more enjoyable this time. I was still very sore the last time we went and I mainly just sat on a bench with her while Austin and Colby walked around. We ofcourse went to Colby's 2 favorite stores...the Disney Store and PB Kids. Lindsay slept during all of this so it was nice to just pay attention to him and let him enjoy himself. We ate lunch in the foodcourt as always. Lindsay also woke up to eat there. She is such a trooper when we get out like that! I can tell she is going to like being on the go like her big bro! That afternoon my parents came to pick up Colby. He wanted to spend the night again with them and since I had a doc appointment early the next morning we figured that would be easiest. We enjoyed another quiet evening with just Lindsay. Its amazing how quiet the house is and how much we can get done but we ofcourse missed our little man!
Wednesday I had to wake up early to go to my 6 week checkup. Austin was going to stay home and keep Lindsay. Everything went well at my checkup. My blood pressure was back to normal and I was only 6 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. My goal this year is to get back to being active. I am trying to walk everyday but its hard with bringing both kids to really be a productive walk b/c Colby walks and likes to stop at every house but atleast its something! After my apt I went to the grocery to do our weekly shopping. Austin picked Colby up from school so that I wouldn't have to get Lindsay out. Its been working out nicely lately that we have been able to coordinate it to where she doesn't have to get out those days. That afternoon after naptime we all went for a walk. It was a nice afternoon/evening just hanging out.
Thursday Austin was back at work and it was one of those days I thought it would be best to just stay in. Colby always wants to go places but I figured he had had a pretty busy week between the zoo, park, mall, and school. I wanted to go to MOPS but again we had been out so much this week I was really feeling like we needed a day at home. Usually these are long days but yesterday went pretty well. We took a long walk which always helps to break up the morning. Both kids did pretty well at naptime...I put Lindsay down around 12 and she was up at 2:30 and Colby fell asleep around 2 and woke up at 4. I was busy most of the day running around and getting things prepared for our trip as well! Look for our 1st trip as a family of 4 post in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment