Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our Week

So far we have had a great week! Monday ofcourse was Lindsay's doc appointment. That evening we watched the LSU/Alabama game.
Tuesday we were supossed to have our house cleaned that day so my parents were keeping Colby for the day. It seems like they have watched him so much lately but its near impossible to have Colby here when the house is being cleaned especially now that I have to look after a baby too! It ended up being a rainy day and the maid cancelled. Colby was already promised a morning with Grammy and Granddaddy though so I couldn't cancel those plans. He went ahead and went to McDonalds and the mall with them. Lindsay and I got out and went to Target. Its amazing how easy errands are with 1 child. She basically slept the whole time. Colby came home around lunchtime. Naptimes haven't been so great around here lately...usually 1 of the 2 doesn't sleep. Every now and then I am lucky and they both take great 3 hour naps but its becoming rare. Wednesday we were so happy to have Austin home! He worked 7 days straight which made for a long tiring week for mommy! Since Colby had school I volunteered to bring him then go by the grocery store while Austin stayed home with Lindsay. It was good to have that 1 on 1 time with Colby. I actually brought his friend Max too. I haven't been picking him up since Lindsay was born its just hard to think about unloading 3 kids right now! Maybe by the spring I can conquer that! Again it was amazing how easy it was just to deal with the 2 three year olds. I loved listening to their little conversations and talking to them about what they are learning in school! Afterwards I really enjoyed my shopping trip ALONE! I didn't have to rush and I felt like I could truly concentrate on shopping! It was soo nice! When I got home we were able to relax for a little bit then Austin left with Colby to pick him up from school. That afternoon was wonderful b/c they both took great naps! I think I napped 2 hours as well! I am just so sleepy these days with waking up in the middle of the night! We have also been taking afternoon walks almost every day which I think has helped everyone feel good. We used to do this when Colby was a baby and we just got out of practice when I got pregnant so its been nice to get back to it! Colby loves walks! He always has since he was a tiny baby! I hope to start this now with Lindsay so she will enjoy it also. Its also good family time! Thursday Austin was off again which was great! I made an appointment for pictures at the mall. I have been wanting to get this done now since Lindsay was born. I really wanted someone to come to our house to do newborn pictures but it just never worked out! I hope we can do more natural family pictures by April. I am not too fond of "studio" pictures but they are the easiest with a baby. They both did pretty well but had enough after a few good shots. It was very tiring trying to get 2 of them posed and in good moods. I remember it was somewhat tiring with Colby as a baby but this time it was extra tiring. She was melting down b/c she was tired and in need of a nap and he was melting down b/c he was bored and ready to move on haha. He was not amused at all by being couped up in the studio he just wanted to go run around. We promised him time to ride on the rides though. He got to play a little but the pictures took so long and we wanted to eat lunch before Lindsay woke up and was ready to eat. Its just easier to come home and feed her then feed her in a place like the mall...she usually poops when she eats and I'm not crazy about changing my 1 month old in a public restroom! This afternoon we came home and everyone took pretty good naps...not sure Colby slept a lot but atleast he stays in his room and is quiet and lets everyone else nap! I can't make him sleep so as long as he rests and doesn't disturb the house that is all I can really ask! That afternoon we took another walk and just hung out at home. We have cooked the last 2 nights so that's been nice eating a family meal together!
Today (Friday) Colby had school. My friend Honey and her son Max offered to bring him today which I was really thankful for. Ofcourse I know I could get my parents to bring him any time but I hate to rely on them so much and also get him used to being around them every day. I figured carpooling with a friend would be great. I wasn't looking forward to getting both kids out in the freezing cold anyway. It also gives me more time around the house to be productive. School mornings seem to be so crazy by the time we leave at 8:30 and don't get home until almost 9:30 then have to leave again at 11:30. I will go pick him up and then I am really hoping both kids will take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment