Monday, January 16, 2012

6 Weeks!

I can't believe my little Lindsay is 6 weeks old today! I remember thinking 6 weeks seemed like such a long time when we came home from the hospital but it has flown by! i know she's going to be a toddler before we know it!
We are really settling into life with 2 kids...its still hard and tiring but I am feeling more and more confident and less and less stressed with having 2. I feel like we are in a groove now. not to say some days both of them don't throw me for a loop but we are getting it down now having to take care of 2.
She seems to really be growing but she's still a petite little thing. At this point Colby was wearing all 0-3 month and even some 3-6 month stuff. She is just now fitting into 0-3 month. Even 3 month stuff is huge on her although I have been putting her in some anyway. She's pretty much on a good 3 hour schedule during the day although her last 3 feedings of the day end up being more like 2 hours apart. She pretty much eats at 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, and again right before bed. She's also still waking up 1-2 times a night to eat. We are hoping that stops soon though! Colby slept through the night at 2 months. I know they are different children so I try hard not to compare. I think b/c of her smaller size she will take longer to sleep through the night. Most nights she is up around 1:30 or so then again around 4:30. I really wish she would just wake up around 3 then wake up for good around 7 or 8!
She's a good baby but not quite as laid back as Colby was...or maybe I'm just forgetting his newborn days?!? She does well when we are on the go...thank goodness since we have to get out more with her then we did with Colby. The only downside is days she spends a lot of time out and about sleeping in her carseat she has an awful afternoon and night...I think Sunday afternoon and Mondays will always be rough b/c of her recovering from Sunday. Hopefully as she gets a little older though this will be less of a problem!
I am pretty much feeling back to normal and glad the 6 weeks is up and I can get back to regular activities! I hope to get some excercise in. We have been walking almost every day and I hope to keep that up!
Colby is really sweet with her he's interacting with her more and more which is nice to see. He still acts out and acts jealous some but I figure that is how the rest of his life will be! I'm sure they will both be jealous of each other at some time or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment