Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Glance at Our Week

I like to do these posts each week mainly so I can look back year to year and see what our daily life looked like with 2 young kids!
Monday Austin was still off...it was great to have him home for so many days straight although i think I got spoiled over that time b/c it was hard to get back in a groove. Anyway Monday Colby had school. I was able to bring him and his friend to school. I enjoy that quality time where I get to just visit with Colby and concentrate on him. This week in school they are learning about transportation so both he and Max were really excited! I came straight home afterwards since Austin was keeping lindsay. He had to go pick up allie from the vet and pick our pictures up from the mall. Once he got home it was about time for him to go back and pick up Lindsay. Its nice when we can keep her home b/c 2 trips in the car on Colby's school days for some reason always make for a bad afternoon with her. After the boys got home we ate lunch then took naps and hung out at the house the rest of the day. We were able to take a walk that afternoon too which was nice.
Tuesday my parents wanted to spend some time with Colby so they came to get him that morning. They brought him to Lowe's and the mall. Its good for him to get out like that since we are staying home more these days with having Lindsay. I also enjoy the slower paced days with just an infant as well! Lindsay and I did venture to Target though. She always does really well shopping or going out. She snoozed off and on but stayed awake a good part of the time. It was nice just having to worry about her for the day. My parents brought Colby back around dinnertime.
Wednesday was a LONG day...I don't know if it just started out bad or what. Lindsay has been back to waking up twice a night so I was already exausted when I had to be up at 6. I used to not mind the waking early to bring Colby to school b/c it meant I got 2 1/2 hours of peace home alone or time to run errands alone. Now its a lot of work to get both kids out the door and I still have an infant to care for so its not as much of a break. I know colby needs the interaction though and he loves school so its still a good thing. While he was at school I tried to get some things done around the house...his school days are not nearly as productive as they used to be! I usually have to feed Lindsay during that time plus packing her up and getting her ready takes time too. After we picked him up we came home for lunch and naps. I didn't feel like naptime was very successful. It also made for a long day b/c Austin was 7 getting home.
Thursday was a pretty ok day another long one though. We stayed in for 2 reasons: 1) my friend Jordan was coming to visit so I knew by the time she left it would be getting close to lunchtime and 2) it was really rainy anyway. I really enjoyed the visit with Jordan. We were best friends in highschool and throughout college. It was fun to get that time to visit with an adult. That is one reason sometimes I think my days are so long b/c some days I go with hardly no adult interaction at all! I think she really enjoyed the kiddos too! The last time she saw Colby he was 1 I think so obviously he had changed a lot. When she left it was about time to get lunch and naptime started. Once again I didn't feel like it was a very successful naptime. This always makes for a really tired momma! I let Colby "clean" his chalkboard aka paint with water that afternoon since we had been home all day. I always feel bad when we stay home all day b/c he likes going places so much but he has to get used to staying home a little more now with his little sister. I just can't drag her places all the time I don't want her to get sick plus I like to keep her on a schedule as best as possible. It was also another day where Austin was almost 7 getting home!
Friday ended up being a really good day! It began with me and the kiddos waking up early b/c I had parent/teacher conference at Colby's school. Pretty funny huh? Well I couldn't resist going. I want to always be involved in his school stuff and even though I talk to his teacher pretty often I figure teachers hold these things for a reason so I went. It ended up being even more organized then I pictured. I figured she would tell me how he was doing socially, if he knew his abcs, etc. Well she pulled out a 3 year old report card! PRECIOUS! She went through each thing with me. Basically its sounds like Colby is a very smart, sweet kid. We knew this but its so wonderful to hear someone else brag about your child! She said he's very kind to the other children, he listens well, he knows all his shapes/colors, he does well with arts and crafts and so on. She talked like he is one of the best students in her class. I explained to her he's not always perfect but like we have said too its better for him to behave this way around others then to be well behaved at home and act like a hooligan at school. After the conference I went back to my parent's house...we hung out there for a little while longer before heading home. We had a really good afternoon and everyone got naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment