Tuesday, January 17, 2012

3 1/2

























































Today Colby is officially 3 1/2! I can't believe it...it seems like he just turned 3! Really it seems like he was just 1. Anyway he is so full of personality! I think he gets more fun every day! he says something funny every day and things that are so random. Some examples lately are: As we were leaving the house one day he said "We gotta get outta this MAD house!" He also came up to me while I was feeding Lindsay a bottle and said "She sluggin that bottle down huh mom". He pays attention to everything and remembers everything! He is going to have a great memory! He can remember things back from 2 years ago! He has really gotton into holidays. I guess since last spring with being in school he has really understood and knows about the holidays. He is already excited about Easter. He had a blast this year with Christmas. He really got into the whole Santa thing...he also seemed to understand it was about baby Jesus. I know each year is going to be more exciting as far as that goes. He is definitely still very Type A. He will even tell you this. He likes things orderly and he loves to be in charge. I know God has great things planned for this little boy. He is very headstrong and knows what he wants. Like my mom always told me these can be great qualities we just have to direct them in the right way. he's also very sensitive and compassionate. He used to be pretty fearless but in the last 5 or so months he has developed fears but I hear this is normal for 3 year olds. He's still very energetic and loves to run around!















He is starting to fill out again which makes me think he's going to hit a major growth spurt. I have no idea how tall or how much he weighs b/c we have not been to the doc in awhile. He still wears all 3T clothes though. He's also between a size 9 and 10 shoe.















He's finally 100% potty trained during the day. He took forever to do number 2 in the potty he would and then he wouldn't but he has only had once accident since Lindsay arrived. He did regress though with his night training. He was almost out of pullups completely before she arrived but now he's back in them at naptime and bedtime. I hope we can cut this out again at 4.















He talks so much and is soo smart! He knows his Abcs, can count to 20, he can sing many songs now. he is starting to recognize a few words. He asks us often what different signs say so I can tell he's interested in reading. He is still loving preschool. He goes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. He has a great teacher this year and he just has the best time when he is there. I am so happy he loves school! He has a few little friends there too especially Max who is his best buddy. He has developed quite a friendship with him which is great b/c they live in our neighborhood.















He's still very much into cars. That's mostly of what he plays with. He's great at using his imagination. He doesn't have many electronic toys and I hope to keep it that way. He doesn't play on our iPad or iPhone. He watches some tv but I try to limit it to 2 shows a day. He also hasn't seen many movies. Cars is about the only movie he's actually interested in. We try to take him to do things that are physical as often as we can. He loves going to the park. Actually he loves going anywhere. He loves to be on the go! He asks me every night before bed what we are doing the next day. He really loves his grammy and granddaddy. He has started spending the night once a week over there and he really loves the extra attention! He's very family oriented and talks about everyone in his family. He's very sweet and polite and well spoken for a 3 year old too. He also still loves going to church. He has wonderful Sunday School teachers and looks forward to seeing them each week. I'm so glad he has a love for church this young. I hope he always feels safe at church and feels like its a place where is loved.















As far as eating he's doing a lot better then when he turned 3. He's never been a bad eater but at 3 he became picky and just didn't eat much at all. He's becoming a little more adventurous and has a better appetite. He still loves fruits and several veggies. He also likes the kid stuff too though. We still make him eat what we ate which works out well he doesn't even pitch a fit about something that is offered to him.















I can't believe how much he's growing up but each new stage is so fun! I love now that he can talk and tell me all about his day...he really has become a lot of company to me during the day. I enjoy taking walks with him and just listening to him talk. 3 is such a precious age. Its a hard age sometimes b/c he chooses to "test" us often but its also such a sweet age as he's learning so much about this world.















No comments:

Post a Comment