Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Weekend

Well its been a pretty low key weekend for the most part. Austin had to work again this weekend. Its crazy b/c he's worked all but one weekend this month. I guess I'm used to it though b/c it hardly phases me I just look forward to his days off whenever they fall!
Saturday morning we stayed at home. I had thought about taking both kids to a park but its so much work to get 2 out the house and I knew we would be going out that afternoon I thought we needed some time at home even though we have been home a lot this week. We just worked around the house I tried to get some housework done and we took a walk. That afternoon after naptime (Colby didn't nap at all) we left to go over to my parent's house. Austin's parents were in town for a cruise so we were all having dinner over there. They were spending the night and Colby was also going to stay over there as well. He had been asking all week when he could spend the night so we figured that was a good time. When we got there Colby was very wound up! He gets that way I guess with 4 grandparents around...I think that and the fact he didn't nap...usually he is more hyper when he doesn't nap. I was worried he would be really keyed up and not sleep plus he's been fighting a cough/sore throat and I didn't want him to get worse. I think he had a blast though. Lindsay also stayed awake almost the whole time. She doesn't like to sleep when we are out and about like that. She is usually really good she just stays awake. she slept a little while we ate but that was about it! Austin and I came home with her around 7 so we could put her to bed. She ended up staying awake though until after 9. I think she was overtired and keyed up. My parents said Colby went to sleep right around 8 which is unsual for him. I know he had to be exausted.
Sunday we all had church...once again Austin was working so I went with Lindsay. We were planning to just go for church but without Colby and Austin here we were ready amazingly early so we got to church around 9:30 which counted as still the Sunday school hour. My plans were to take her in church with me one last time before she "officially" will stay in the nursery next week. I got a text though from our pastor's wife who is in charge of extended care if I could work in the baby room. That was fine with me since I would have Lindsay anyway. So basically I hung out with Lindsay for 2 hours in the nursery. She was the only baby during Sunday School but during church another little girl came who is almost 1. Lindsay stayed awake for the first half but she was getting fussy b/c poor girl had been up since 6:45 so I know she was exausted. I finally rocked her to sleep. After church we did our usual lunch at McAlister's and both kids did well. I've been amazed at how well they have done the 3 times we have done that. That afternoon both kids took great naps which made for a happy mommy! We then waited on daddy to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment