Sunday, January 8, 2012

Church

So today was my first day to bring Lindsay alone to church. Ofcourse it was only her second time there too. I still haven't braved bringing both kids alone and probably won't until February when she is 2 months old. Today my parents brought Colby to Sunday School. I am not bringing her to Sunday School until she is 2 months old. This is what we did with Colby so I figured we will repeat that with her. It helped to get them ready in stages this way it will be interesting to get all 3 of us out the door by 8:30! I had Colby ready by 8 then I was able to focus on myself and Lindsay and we were out the door by 9:30. I did go a little eary so I could help my mom with some nursery things. So she did get to venture to the nursery but my mom pretty much held her the whole time. When it was time to go in church I decided to take her without the carseat...I debated back and forth but I figured since I was alone it would be easier to leave with just her and the diaper bag then trying to juggle that big carseat down the aisles by myself! Plus I knew she would be in it a lot that day so I figured she needed a break anyways. The only problem is I feel like she's exposed to more and people want to hold her when she's not in it. She ended up doing really well through church she off and on slept she got a little wiggly towards the end so I waited until the invitation and got up and left with her. I like to leave a few minutes early anyway b/c its always time to feed/change her and that process seems to take forever. It was really hectic too trying to get her changed and fed. Plus in the process of changing her she peed everywhere! I was definitely missing Austin at this point...I also went to pick Colby up from his class so at one point I had him tugging on me and her screaming I guess that's part of the life with 2 now! I felt very tired and overwhelmed by the time all that was over. I felt rushed trying to get her fed b/c we were meeting friends at McAlister's and also everyone was leaving church and so they were turning off lights and shutting the place down. I ended up letting her eat wayy too quick which resulted in her spitting up like 2 or 3 times which made me feel even more stressed. Colby was also bent out of shape from waiting that long then he also said he didn't want to eat at McAlister's which he always wants to eat there but the last 2 weeks b/c of the holidays we didn't eat there. He said he wanted to eat at Grammy's house....so he pouted the whole way there. I ended up having a talk with him in the parking lot which resulted in him dashing off which resulted in me spanking him. So we got in McAlister's and I felt completely stressed...it was quite chaotic our first eating out experience with both kids! Again though I guess this is my new life! We were meeting our good friends the Picketts. It was so good to see them and get to visit. I had moments of doubt at church whether or not I wanted to go through with lunch but I'm so glad we did. Both kids ended up being angels too! It took Colby about 10 min to get out of his bad mood but once he did he was a total ham and Lindsday slept the whole time. We visited for almost 2 hours! It was great to catch up with them! It put me in a much better mood! I was still exausted though. My parents took Colby home which I am so thankful b/c as tired as I was I would have been a complete mess had I brought both kids home and tried to get them down for naps. Our reason for sending Colby over there was b/c we thought Austin might be working late which after a busy day I wasn't sure I would be up to bathing both kids and putting them to bed by myself! Doing it with one alone is exausting enough...not sure I will be up for that challenge until Lindsay is bathing in the big tub with Colby then it might be doable.
I was very thankful for the rest I did get although it wasn't much b/c Miss Lindsay was a fuss budget most of the afternoon. I tried putting her down for a nap and she wasn't having any of that. I finally just layed her on my chest and we both dozed but she was still a fussy mess that evening. It was still nice to have a slower paced evening with Austin once he did get home. I was completely worn out but I am glad I went to church....I am still debating this upcoming week if I will go alone again or not but we will see! It was nice to get to worship and to see people and feel part of this world again...having a baby is a little isolating for awhile since you have to stay home so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment