Monday, January 16, 2012

Mommy/Son Day at the Zoo

Colby and I had another special day today! He was out of school today for MLK. I have planned for a couple weeks that we would have to do something special that day. My parents kept Lindsay for me. She's just too young to go on these type of outtings plus I like going and being able to focus all my attention on Colby which I think he needs sometimes. We invited his friend Max and his mom to go with us again. It was nice to have company there. Colby and I got there before them though and we went ahead and checked out the elephants. He was more into looking at the animals today and talking about what they were doing then he used to. After that he led me to the playground. We usually don't let him spend a lot of time on the playground b/c we want him to look at the animals and enjoy other parts of the zoo but I figured today was his day why not?!? He played for about 20 min then his friend Max got there. We took them to ride the train. I think they both really enjoyed that! That's always been one of Colby's favorite parts! Afterwards we even let them ride the carousel. We usually don't do that with Colby just b/c its always too crowded or we run out of time so I think he enjoyed that!
After that we went to the see the monkeys. Colby seemed to like them ok but its always so crowded that I don't think he enjoyed it that much. We were going to see the Sea Lions next and so we headed that way but then the boys thought it would be more fun just to run around and chase each other. That was fine with me to let him get energy out and just enjoy being with his little friend! You are only 3 once right?!? They both started getting hungry soon after that so we went to eat lunch. Colby and I left right after lunch...we probably could have stayed about an hour longer but since my parents were keeping Lindsay I wanted to get home to relieve them plus I wanted to try and get both kids down for a nap since I wasn't sucessful yesterday. Little did I know I would not be again today! Colby ended up falling asleep in the van which ofcourse meant he got his 2nd wind as soon as we got home and stayed awake the whole nap time playing. he is starting to not nap as much but he will still always have to have quiet time even when he doesn't nap. Truth be told I think he still needs to nap some days maybe not every day but a day like today he really did need a nap even if it was just 1-2 hours. He held in there ok but was wound up and crazy acting by bedtime!
I'm still very thankful for a day like today. I am thankful for my parents who will keep Lindsay so that I can enjoy my big boy! I hope we can always have mommy/son days like this! Even when he's 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment