Sunday, January 15, 2012

Our Weekend













We have had a good weekend. Austin had to work so it was me and the kiddos but I have truly enjoyed it and really feel like I'm getting a handle at 2! I will never say its easy b/c it truly is hard but I think we are all adjusting. I'm getting used to the less rest and being more busy but I know it won't be like this forever so I'm trying to soak up all the time I have with my 2 babies!
Saturdays are always nice b/c we don't have to rush out the door. I would love to stay home on Saturday but I know my busy boy needs to get out the house. We went over to my parent's house and stayed a couple hours. He was missing them b/c he went a few days without seeing them all! He's spent so much time with them over the last couple of months he's quite used to going over to their house on a regular occassion now! We had fun over there. Colby always has my parents running all over the place its quite humerous. He also doesn't want my mom spending time with Lindsay he wants his Grammy all to himself! He and my dad spent some time outside also which was nice while Lindsay napped. Its nice to go over there with both kids and not be stressed out like I would be if we were out in public. The rest of the day we hung out at home...both kids took great naps which was wonderful then we all watched the Saints game. I couldn't believe they lost and football season is officially over for us!
Today (Sunday) I braved church again. I'm so glad I did too! I feel much better then last week! Even though I was glad I went last week I felt very overwhelmed and tired! It wasn't nearly as bad this week. My parents once again took Colby early though. This really helps b/c we are able to get ready in stages. I get Colby out the door then I can focus on myself then on Lindsay. It will be interesting when I try to leave with BOTH at the same time! Lindsay and I were doing great on time we left the house by 9:20 so I thought I would treat myself with some Starbucks! Bad idea! When I went to put my cup in the cup hold the lid came off and coffee went everywhere! All over me and all over the van! I was glad I was only a couple of blocks from home. I had to pull back into the driveway run inside and grab towels and napkins to clean the mess up! I was first discouraged and ready to just call it quits and stay home. But then it hit me that that is exactly what Satan would want me to do! I decided to go ahead and go! I was so glad we did too! Lindsay did wonderful in church service. This week I kept her in the carrier which was actually a lot easier. She slept the whole time but we left a few minutes early again so I could get her changed before heading to eat! Things just went smoother today...I left church and went to McAlister's and started feeding her before my parents and Colby showed up. Also a better idea! both kids again did wonderfully at lunch. Now we are back at home and I'm waiting on naptime to start. I put both down but Lindsay is still crying...she doesn't do well mornings she spends a lot of time in her carseat so I might end up having to lay her on my chest on the couch. I hope Colby takes a nap though! Now we will just look forward to Austin coming home and spending the evening with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment