Thursday, December 1, 2011

Last Week of a Family of 3

We have been enjoying our last week as a family of 3. I am trying to soak up each and every moment with Colby b/c I know this time next week life will be so different! I will pick up from last week after Thanksgiving. Last Friday I had a doctor's appointment and Colby went to stay with his friend Max. He was originally going to spend the day with my parent's but Honey volunteered to watch him so I figured it would be good for him to play with a friend. I know he had a blast too. I dropped him off about 9:45 and picked him up about 11:45. He seemed really happy and told me about all that he did! When we got home we just ate lunch and took it easy that afternoon. Austin had to work late every night last weekend so that kinda stunk but we were grateful for his 4 days off Thanksgiving week!
Saturday was a really low key day for us. We rarely stay home all day but we did Saturday. I knew I needed to take it easy and rest. Plus we do sometimes try to stay home atleast once a month on Saturdays. Its nice to hang out here and play. Colby was antsy at times but I think we both enjoyed the low key day especially after a busy holiday week! I let him ride bikes in the front yard which I think he enjoyed as well.
Sunday was church day. I decided this week that I would bring Colby and get a few things done in the nursery. I will be taking off until February so I wanted to leave them with a few things done. I was very grateful for church day and the fact that it keeps Colby busy! He was also very happy to see his Sunday School teachers and friends. I left a little before 10 and came home. I had about 3 hours to myself to rest which was soo nice! Once Colby got home we both took naps and just enjoyed staying in that afternoon.
Monday was back to school. I enjoyed Colby's week off especially since we got to do so many fun things with him before Lindsay arrives but I have to say I was ready for him to get back in his routine. I had to do labwork at the doc after I dropped him off but I still got home with about an hour and a half to hang out before having to pick him up which was nice! After I got him from school we came home ate lunch and took naps. That evening we were able to watch the Saints game as a family.
Tuesday Austin was off again which was so nice! I love when he's off but especially now at 9 1/2 months pregnant I am very glad to have him around! We planned to go get our Christmas tree! I was excited b/c in 3 years this was going to be the earliest we would get it up! The last couple of years we have taken major trips the first week of December and haven't been able to put one up until after our trip. Colby was also excited...he loves Christmas trees! We are so happy to see all he remembers from last year which will make Christmas really fun this year with him! So we went to get our tree and Colby remembered the place and everything! After getting the tree we brought it back home to continue our errands. We had to stop by the Educator to get a few supplies for the church nursery. Afterwards we went to the church to do the bulletin board for Christmas. I was glad to get it done before Lindsay is born. I usually try and change the board every month or atleast season but the last one I was able to do was Back to School. Now I just have to figure out a way in Jan to take it down and put up a new one haha! Colby enjoyed playing in the nursery he thinks thats his own personal play space away from home! He even had to play on the playground before we left. My other thing I wanted to do was eat lunch at Chickfila...this was partly a craving thing and partly wanting to take Colby there one last time and it gave him a place to play while I could sit and relax! We ofcourse enjoyed our lunch! I love chickfila! Then Colby got to play for awhile after we ate! So all were happy! That afternoon we rested and then worked on setting the tree up!
Wednesday Austin was off once again and Colby had school. This was my scheduled pre-op last appointment day so we took Colby to school then off to the doctor. Everything went well at both but it did take awhile. We got to the doc around 9:30 and left the hospital around 1ish...its a half day event! but atleast they didn't admit me this time at preop like with Colby! We were happy to have that behind us! Afterwards we were able to go to

No comments:

Post a Comment