Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving













It was nice to have Austin off this year for Thanksgiving! It seems like every year things are different. We have had every Thanksgiving at my parent's house since colby was born. Last year was a quiet one as well with just my parents and Austin's parents and us. This year was even more quiet though it was just us and my parents! We were invited to do Thanksgiving across the lake at Elizabeth's sisters house and ofcourse we had the option to go to Hattiesburg. We obviously couldn't do either of those with me being 9 months pregnant! It was honestly kinda nice though to have a laid back year! Every Thanksgiving has been stressful to me for some reason up until this year. At 9 1/2 months pregnant I didn't want any stress haha! We got to sleep in that day until about 8 which was really nice and we watched part of the Macy's Parade as a family. I was glad to have the morning just the 3 of us...that has never happened...we usually have company of Austin is at work!
We went over to my parent's house around 10ish. There we continued watching the parade and my dad took Colby for a walk in their neighborhood. We were ready to eat around noon which was nice to not have to wait until 1 or after. We ate and visited and let Colby play for a little while then we came back home for our Turkey Day naps! Once again this was different...usually we hang out at my parent's house all day.We probably would have hung out there most of the day but Randall and Elizabeth planned to come over that night for Round 2 of Thanksgiving dinner so we figured we wanted to visit with them but not hang out over there ALL day so we came home for naps then went back over. It was fun that night getting to visit with them. I think Colby really enjoyed them as well!







I can't believe it was Colby's 4th Thanksgiving! I would honestly say this was probably his favorite. His first 2 he was kinda grumpy and overwhelmed. Last year I think he enjoyed but still didn't quite "get it". This year he had a blast plus I think having a small crowd he had more fun! Looking forward to next year we will have a 4 year old and an 11 month old to celebrate with!

No comments:

Post a Comment