Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

So far we are really enjoying Colby's week off from school! This is his last vacation before little sister arrives! We are trying to pack lots in and just enjoy our time with him. I'll start with Saturday...


Saturday since Austin was working Colby and I went over to my parent's house to hang out and eat lunch. He always enjoys going over there to play plus its an outting but one where I can rest and take it easy! I was really tired and sore on Saturday so it was nice to have them run around with him while I sat and visited.


Sunday once again I chose to take it easy but didn't want Colby to miss out on any fun. My parent's offered to take him to church with them so I could stay home. I am really glad we chose this option. It was wierd missing church and I missed being there but I knew I really needed the rest. We had decided that I did not need to work in the nursery anymore until after Lindsay is born and ready to be in there. We have had 2 children at church come down with Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease and I just don't need to risk getting sick this close to having a baby. My parents said he did really well though. I enjoyed the morning at home. I have to admit though I did get a little bored. But I did get some housework done and watched a lot of tv and just put my feet up!


Monday began Austin's vacation. We are so blessed to have him home this week. He usually has to work on Thanksgiving so its really special that he was able to take almost the whole week and spend time with us. Its also helped me keep Colby busy! That day his parents also decided to come in town. We weren't going to be able to spend Thanksgiving with them this year due to me being 9 months pregnant and unable to travel. We enjoyed a laid back morning around the house then got dressed and brought Colby to a park. It was great for him to get out and stretch his legs and run around. Austin's parents ended up meeting us there. After letting him play for about an hour we ran an errand to Petsmart then went to New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood for lunch. It was nice getting to visit with them over lunch. Although by the time we left I was exausted! When we got home it was time for colby to take a nap...and mommy too! Austin and his parents went to the grocery store. I was so thankful for that...I have done all the shopping up to this point but I just didn't feel like I could do it anymore especially with Austin being off and them here it was a good opportunity for me to take the week off! I wasn't really able to take a nap though....it took Colby quite a while to settle down. He's usually like that when we have a big day plus with grandparents being in town. By the time they got back though he had fallen asleep...thankfully. I mean he can go without naps some times but with all the extra stimulation of grandparents he really needed the down time. They decided while he was still sleeping to go to our neighbor Mrs. Doris' house to pick satsumas. I was glad to have a little more quiet time also. By the time they got back Colby was awake. We were able to let him play outside for about 30 min before it got dark which he enjoyed. That night we all pitched in and helped with dinner. We had rotissere chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, and a chocolate pie for dessert! It was all really good! After dinner all just visited and they played with Colby. Since they can't sleep at our house anymore since we don't have a guest room they like to stick around until after Colby's bath. I think he truly enjoyed their visit and the extra attention. I was wiped out by the time they left though so it was nice to relax and put our feet up after Colby went to bed!
Tuesday morning I had a doc appointment bright and early. My parents had planned to pick Colby up. Well since Austin's parents were still in town both our dads came to pick him up. He was very excited about hanging out with his 4 grandparents...ofcourse who could blame him he would totally be the center of attention?!? Austin and I went to the doc then our plans were to do some Santa Christmas shopping. We finished at the doc a little after 9 which was great! We were able to start our shopping about 10. Our first stop was BabiesRUs...my parents had recieved a gift card from one of their friends so they said we could use it since they didn't really need anything for Lindsay (they still have all the big stuff from Colby). We spent about an hour there. We really stocked up too...I think we officially have about everything for her now! We also got a couple Christmas gifts for her and one for Colby. Her main gift is a play gym...I wanted to get a bigger one then we had for Colby. he loved his gym but quickly outgrew it by 3 months. This one I think will get her through until she's mobile! She is also getting a few small baby toys and maybe a book or 2.
Our next stop was ToysRUs for Colby. He is getting a town with some wooden cars and a parking garage, and a toy camera. I'm sure he will receive several small things as well. I was glad we went ahead and got their big stuff out of the way though! We felt like the stores were already getting crazy! After we finished up shopping and I was completely worn out by that point we headed to La Madeline's for lunch. It was nice having just a quiet lunch the 2 of us. Afterwards we headed home to take naps and relax while Colby was still away. I went to pick him up that evening and we just had a low key night at home!
Wednesday our plan was to go to Lakeside and get Colby's Santa pictures done and do a little more Christmas shopping. This is our tradition each year to go during Thanksgiving week with him. I know its early but we prefer to go before the craziness really begins. Colby has always done well with Santa...he's never cried but this year he was truly excited about it. He is really starting to get the whole Santa and Christmas thing! I have a feeling this Christmas is going to be really special with him! He knew exactly what he wanted to do from the start. He informed us first that he wanted to ride the train. Its always funny though b/c he talks about riding the train and I think he really likes it but he just sits there with his head down while he's on it. I think it must be loud or he gets easily embarrassed at everyone watching him. But he said he had fun on it. After the train we went to see Santa. This is his 4th year to sit on Santa's lap and he's always done wonderful. He's never cried or gotton upset! But this is the first year I think he really understood. He lit up when he saw him. He told him what he wanted for Christmas!! He played games with him and just talked to him. His pictures came out precious too! After that he wanted to check out the "Mickey Store" aka Disney store to pick out a car. We let him go ahead and pick out one...I hate starting the habit that we get a toy when we go somewhere but I figure we don't go out to Lakeside all that often plus it was a good distraction so we could Santa shop for him as well. As Austin and he were paying for the one car I snuck around and bought the big packs of Cars that Santa is bringing! Lucky for us he never checked the bags! His next stop was the "Kitchen Store" aka Pottery Barn. Its so funny b/c he usually prefers to play on the girl side with the kitchens and appliances. Although this time he spent half his time there and the other half playing blocks and trucks on the boy side. He had a blast I had to drag him out of that store! I was able to pick out some stocking stuffers there though which was good! Our next stop was to Build a Bear to build a bear for Baby Lindsay. I figured this would be a cute gift from him to her. He loved it so much! He has his own Build a Bear but Austin and I made it for him when he was about 8 months old. He had never actually been in the store! He had a blast making it though. We will probably have to bring him back sometime to actually make one for himself! After that we went ahead to eat lunch...I was getting pretty tired by that point. Plus the mall and foodcourt were also starting to get crazy! We ate our lunch then went down to Hallmark for our last stop! I had to pick out ornaments for colby and lindsay. We have taken him every year to buy a special ornament for our tree and last year and this year he also got to pick one! He ofcourse picked a car! We came home and everyone enjoyed resting! Austin got out that evening and put our lights up which was nice to already have that done! Colby enjoyed helping and checking them out as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment