Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween




































Wow the holidays seem to get so much busier as Colby gets older. It seems like we have been celebrating Halloween for quite some time! Its been fun though! Each year he understands the holidays more and more so this year I think we will have a blast with him. It seemed a little strange Halloween being on a Monday the whole day seemed like Friday to me! Colby had school that morning. His little class had a party. I had signed up to help with this one. Not that Halloween is my fav holiday by any means but it seemed the easiest as far as being really pregnant and having a newborn. Last year his little class had parties but they were really low key and the parents didn't even attend. You just sent snacks and they had a small party during snacktime. I was excited this year that there would be more to it. Luckily Colby's friend Max's mom signed up also so it was easy to coordinate. I decided to bake cupcakes and get little treat bags for the kids. Austin and I dropped Colby off at school at his usual time then came home and worked in Lindsay's room for awhile. I had to leave again at 10:30 though to be back for his party. When I arrived in his class they were reading a Halloween book. After the book his teacher had them do a couple songs/poems while I set up. I kept the party low key. I figured they didn't need a whole lot of junk. So they just had a cupcake and juice. With the party falling at 11 and lunch being at 12 I figured that was enough! They all seemed to really enjoy the cupcakes though! Colby enjoyed telling his friends about them and that he helped out! After they finished the cupcakes they were going outside so I just went back and waited in the van. I probably could have stayed or taken Colby home with me at that point but he has so much fun at school I just let him go have fun while I sat in the car and waited.














That afternoon was pretty busy while we were setting up for that night. We decided this year to stay home and trick or treat. Our church always does Trunk or Treat on Halloween night and we have been twice but we also enjoy taking Colby around our neighborhood so we alternate years. We decided since we would be home we would invite my parents, my brother and sis in law, Honey & Max, and Mrs. Doris and Mrs. Eva all over to have hotdogs and chili with us. We figured it would be a fun time to get together and everyone could enjoy seeing Colby in costume. Being almost 9 months preggo I decided to sit out the actual trick or treating. I hated to miss Colby's 2nd time doing this especially since I knew he would understand it more but I didn't want to wear myself out either. Plus it gave Austin, my dad, and Elizabeth some time with him. Honey and Max also went along. My mom, brother, and I stayed at home and passed out candy. We had about 8 groups of trick or treaters. Once Colby and Max got back we wanted to take them to the firestation to trick or treat. We had done this with Colby when he was 15 months old...he loved it then so we knew he would really love it now. But unfortunately they must have had a fire call last night b/c no one was there! So Max went home and we took Colby back to a house they saw that had smoke bubbles coming off their roof. He enjoyed seeing that again! He was really excited and seemed to really enjoy the night! I was glad a friend got to go along with him too that seemed to make him enjoy it even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment