Saturday, November 19, 2011

Colby's 1st School Thanksgiving Feast
















































































































































Well I know Colby and I already attended a Thanksgiving feast at our church this season but Colby still had his Thanksgiving Feast at school left. I was excited about it. They had sent a letter home last week about the kids preparing the food and the parent's being allowed to come. I knew immediately Austin should take off for this! I had a doc appointment that morning anyway so Austin stayed home so he could take Colby to school. Then after my appointment we came home and left for his feast. They had it all set up in the gym. It was so cute they had 3 really long tables all set with the children's plates. They were decorated and had thanksgiving plates and cups and placemats that they had actually made. They also had an Indian Tepee set up with different things displayed. The children came in and sat in a circle. They sang about 10 different songs/poems. Colby just sat there though...this is also what he did Orientation Night. he knows the songs and sings them at home and he loves to sing at home...I don't know if he gets shy or embarrassed in front of all the people or what. Atleast he doesn't cut up though he just sits and looks around like he's bored or something! But ofcourse we were still proud of him!
After their singing the teachers brought them to their tables to enjoy their feast. I was a little confused how the feast would work. I was more under the impression that it would be for the parents and children. But it was cute the way the kids sat with their class. His seat was next to Max which was very appropriate. He was also close to August and Andy 2 of his other buddies. He sampled a little of his food but he didn't chow down. I think it was too early for him to be hungry, plus he had had pancakes that morning for breakfast, and I figured he wouldn't be too crazy about the food, plus all the distractions. Anyway he thought it would be more fun to run around the gym. We tried to contain him at first but gave up when most of the other children were doing the same thing! He was one of the ring leaders though playing a game of chase then about 3 or 4 other children including him wound up closed up inside the tepee.
























It was a very fun morning...I got some pictures with my phone...stupid preggo brain I forgot the real camera but I still got some cute ones! I love little traditional school events like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment