Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Boy Time and Weekend

Last week I was able to enjoy some one on one time with my boy! Thursday I dropped Lindsay off with my parents when I went to pick him up from school. It was nice to just be able to chat with him and spend more time with him even doing homework and such. He was so calm and so talkative too and I realized that sometimes his little sis brings him such stress! ;) That night we had Cubscouts! He was so excited to be back. It was mostly just a social event. They were able to play games and eat icecream. I enjoyed being back with some of the moms and having new friends as well. He loved being with his best buds! Again that night it was nice only having the one kid. Friday morning was super easy as well. 
That evening though we went out to the Zephyr game. We rarely go out and do anything on Friday nights b/c we are all so tired and usually just want to stay home. It was a welcome break! We met Austin at McAlister's and had a nice family dinner before. The kids enjoyed the game. Colby sat with Mr. Ryan and Coach Stephen and had fun being silly with them. Lindsay sat by her little friend Luke and they were so adorable talking and being crazy! We left about the end of the 5th inning though. It was already 9 and we knew we would have an early morning. I would love to try and stay some time for the fireworks but this wasn't the night.
Saturday morning we were up BRIGHT and early! I had signed Colby and I up for the K-10 work day. I thought it would be a neat thing for him and I to participate in. Lindsay I felt was still too young. I want to teach my kids about community and service so this was a great start. He really did well. I know he was a little tired and jealous his sister was back with Grammy but he held in there great! I was so proud of him! The kids got to swim after for a short time to cool off! That afternoon I was tired and didn't want to think about doing much! 
Sunday we had church and Austin was off! its always so great to have him off with us on Sundays. He ended up helping me in my class which was nice. We had about 9 kids. I felt like they were all pretty well behaved too. I just feel like we have really hit a good rhythm in there. The kids seemed to enjoy their church and friend time as well. The rest of the day was very low key and we spent the afternoon resting and watching the SAINTS game. 
It was a lovely weekend and I was thankful for a few days of one on one time with my boy! Those days are few and far and I miss him so much during the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment