Monday, September 28, 2015

School Days

So ofcourse with 2 kids involved in 2 different schools we stay quite busy these days. Tuesday especially was one of those days. First off I had Bible study. again I am loving this study of Sermon on the Mount and already learning so much! I am also soaking up the time for just me! On Sundays and Wednesdays I teach the preschoolers so this is the time for me to really get filled up with the Word so that I can pour out for others. 
That day after school Lindsay had a picnic with her class. It seems like yesterday I was doing this with Colby. I wished Austin and Colby could have come since it was a Family Picnic but it was nice to be with my girl and soak up time with her and her little friends. As always it was precious. We got to visit with Mrs. Susan and other parents. We also got to see them sing the Hokey Pokey and enjoy their cookies that they had made at school that day. 

That evening Colby had Family Read Night. This was our 3rd one. Its always a fun Family Event. This year they didn't do a meal so it was a little different. We arrived and took the kids first to the book fair. We were happy that Austin got to come with us again. The kids each picked out 2 books. After that they had popcorn and Monster Juice outside so the kids enjoyed a little snack. We then went into the Worship Center and quickly found his friends. Nijel and Mia were there and the kids had a blast running around and visiting with them. They have a time set aside for the kids to enjoy their books with their families and friends. At the end the teachers put on a little skit. This years theme was Monsters so it was really cute. Its always nice going to school events and seeing him interact with his friends. It'll be really exciting next year when they are both in the same school! 

Friday I volunteered to help with the end of the book fair. I picked Lindsay up from school and we had a quick lunch with my parents then went to the school. It was kindergarten and 1st grades day to see the book fair. OMG it was wild in there! I helped field kids and make sure they actually had enough money to pay for their books and also to make sure they were making good choices. Once we got them all cleared out I helped Erin pack up the book fair. Lindsay was a lot of help and actually a trooper and very patient! 
It was a crazy week with so many school activities and also church! We are enjoying our Wednesday night crew as well. We had 9 kids this week. I felt it was a little less hectic then the first week. I am enjoying getting to know some of the 2 year olds better b/c they will be in my class next year on Sundays! 

Its been a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment