Friday, October 2, 2015

Weekend

Last weekend we were able to really catch up on our rest. I like to have quiet weekends as much as possible and just enjoy the down time with my littles. I also think its beneficial to them as well. 
So Friday my parents picked Colby up from school and he spent the night with them. It was nice having a quieter day with just Lindsay and enjoying her that evening. We watched Aristocats that night for our movie. 
That morning she and I got up and did a few things around the house and enjoyed a lazy morning before going to pick him up. I picked him up a little before 10 and we went to the park. We are back to having park days on Saturdays which I love! I am believer in just letting kids play outside and having freedom. So many of my friends have their kids in sports on Saturdays. I mean Colby has no interest in sports and honestly I am kinda glad b/c I think its nice to have a no plans type day. My kids love just playing at the park together and I am grateful for that. We ran a quick errand then came home to watch Football. Right now the kids love football and they love being at home to play so it was a WIN-WIN! We just had a really low key rest of the day. It was lovely! Austin got in that night and got Colby started on Legos so he spent a lot of the weekend doing that as well.
Sunday Austin was off and we went to church. I was teaching ofcourse. We had about 9 children. It went really well. Lindsay loved playing with Sophia and Genevieve. I love that she has such sweet friends at church to play with! That afternoon again was kind of lazy. We watched the SAINTS. We also took a bike ride that evening. I just cannot say how much I love weekends. 
Monday ( I will include this as well since Austin was off) Austin was home and it always feels more like the weekend. We both brought the kids to school. It was nice to have him along. We stopped at PJs after getting Colby dropped off. We brought Lindsay then he and I grocery shopped. It was nice having him with me for a change. That afternoon was pretty low key. We had a nice healthy, family dinner then we took a bike ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment