Saturday, October 31, 2015

Pumpkin Patch, B-day Party, & Costumes

Well, Saturday was a whirlwind day for us! We began the day bright and early. Ella (Colby's friend) came over around 7am. Her parents were going out of town for a wedding and she really wanted to attend Deanna's (Another school friend) birthday party. We worked it out with her parents that she could just stay with us all day. We were invited to the same wedding and I sure hated to miss it but with all of our other travels Austin just couldn't take off and plus the kids had a lot going on here that I wanted them to be able to attend. So when Ella arrived my kids were just waking up. I started breakfast for them while they played. For the next 2 hours they just played and watched a movie while I worked around the house. It was nice not having to rush out the house even though we had to wake up early. 
At 10 we left to go vote. Yes I took all 3 with me to go vote! I always bring my own so I figured what's one more?!? They were really good and we didn't have to wait long! Afterwards it was time to head to Lindsay's school for Family Day at the Pumpkin Patch. We got there a few minutes early so I let them have a quick snack in the car. We got there and there wasn't many people at first so the kids just meandered around and Ella got her face painted. It was nice to soak it up before it got crazy crowded. They jumped in the bounce house and played a few games. They started getting restless though and wanted to paint a pumpkin. By that time my parents had gotten there. They all 3 loved painting pumpkins. After that it was Lindsay's turn to sing with her school. They did a great job and she really sang her little heart out. Afterwards it was time to get them some food. They sat down to rest and eat. By that time the patch was getting super busy and crowded. Colby had spilled ketchup all over his clothes so I gathered the kids up and we came home to do a wardrobe change before the party. We got to the party just a few minutes late. They had a big bouncy thing there and a tent set up with chairs for the adults. At first I was a little worried that with it being an outdoor party I would be hot and worn out. Luckily they had it set up nice and there was a breeze. I was also thankful that my kids were old enough to play by themselves. I was able to spend the time visiting! The kids had a blast! The b-day party was 3 hours long and they played hard the whole 3 hours! I love how close his little class is and even how they love on the little siblings! Lindsay loved hanging out with the older girls! 
When we left the party it was already approaching 5 so I picked up Wendy's and we came in and ate. After dinner I promised them play time outside. They were riding bikes and playing when Ella's parents came to get her. All the kids were so sad. I love that even after being together all day they were still having so much fun! She was a great house guest and the kids got along so great! She's so easy going! I was tired that night and quite ready to get my kids and myself to bed! 
The next day was more continued fun at church! The kids were allowed to wear costumes as we wrapped up our October series on being Super Heroes. Colby and I went as Saints Fans aka Aunt Lizzie and Lindsay went as Rapunzel. It was a really fun day! One of those days I loved teaching! We had 8 kids despite the rain. Honestly that's a perfect number. I left though really feeling like it had been a great morning! I love when God blesses me like that after teaching. Some weeks are hard but I love when there are weeks where the kids really seem to get it and I just love what I am doing! The rest of the day was pretty low key. We watched the Saints and hung out at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment