Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Weekend Stories

This weekend was a nice one. Friday we had a low key night at home and watched USM play. Saturday I took the kids to the park. That's what they always wanted to do on Saturday and I really believe in just free play on Saturdays. They had a great time and the weather was perfect. There were a lot of people out so it was nice that there were other kids out there! We ate lunch at Chickfila. I like treating them to lunch also on Saturday's. Its become our little tradition. The rest of the day we relaxed and watched college football. The kids have also gotten into riding their bikes so we did that that evening. 
Sunday was a crazy day. I woke up not feeling well. I guess I have the cold/allergy stuff that's going around. I also had to teach. We had 11 kids. They were pretty good except for 1 or 2 of the little boys that are just a little wild. I had 2 helpers so that helped. Service went long though and I was in there until 11. And no other teachers showed up so i finally just had to walk my kids next door to the 2 year room and bolt! I felt bad but I had been there since 9 and my kids were ready to go plus we had to go to the grocery store after. I hate grocery shopping on Sundays. We don't do it often but because Lindsay had off on Monday and Austin I really didn't want to spend our holiday in the grocery store. 
The kids were very patient and we finally made it back from the grocery. We had lunch and watched the Saints game and relaxed. That evening Austin got home and we did our usual bikeride/walk. 
I am thankful for these low key weekends b/c our mid-week is so busy! Sadly this is the last one for awhile so we will really be head on into fall madness but that's ok lots of fun things to look forward to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment