Friday, October 9, 2015

Weekend and Healing

So as you recall we started our weekend with Lindsay being sick. Friday she stayed home from school. I was thankful Austin could bring Colby and my parents could pick her up so she and I didn't have to leave the house at all. In this busy season of life that is a rarity. I always say I think when we get sick its a way of God telling us to slow down. I kind of enjoyed my day with her. We took a walk and watched a lot of tv. That night we had our movie night.
Saturday we left like she was feeling good enough that we could hit up a local pumpkin patch at City Park. Austin was leaving later in the day for the USM football game but I wanted to get out with the kids b/c I knew we would be in all that evening. Oh and let me also mention how great it was Saturday that we all slept until 8! Anyway we all enjoyed the leisurely morning then going out to the pumpkin patch. Last year we did the big one across the lake. I would love to go this year but our fall just got so busy so quick! This was much smaller but the kids still enjoyed it. They were able to play in bounce houses while we waited for the hay ride. The hay ride was neat. Afterwards we picked our pumpkins then headed to lunch. Like I mentioned the rest of the day we stayed home. We watched football and played outside. The kids are really into riding their bikes right now so that is what we did. 
Sunday morning we actually had plans of attending both services at church. I haven't been able to go into church in awhile plus with a late Saints game we knew this would be a good opportunity plus Austin wouldn't have to leave as early from Hattiesburg. Anyway Lindsay got up and still wasn't her self at all. I figured by this point she was no longer running fever it was probably more due to the lack of not eating. I decided to skip church and let her heal. My kids are not ones to lay around ever and so I knew she needed the day at home! Colby actually wasn't upset about staying home either. I don't want my kids to ever get in the practice of just skipping church on Sundays but he's gone all week up there so I knew and understood that maybe we all needed a home day. We lazed around and watched tv and the church service on tv. Around the time Austin got home I had convinced Lindsay to eat some fruit snacks. Once she ate those it seemed to give her enough energy and pep to get going. She finally wanted to get dressed and play outside. We enjoyed just hanging outside as a family. We also got our fall stuff put up...FINALLY! We came in around lunch and just enjoyed a relaxful afternoon. We rode bikes that evening and watched the SAINTS game. Even though the weekend didn't turn out like I had thought or planned it ended up being better and we had a blast! I was thankful for the rest especially while we are in this busy season of life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment