Monday, October 26, 2015

PACK 199 in the Patch and MERMAIDS!!

This was a busy week for us with many special things going on for both kiddos! 
Thursday night we had our first Pack meeting for this year! I just love Cubscouts and so glad we chose to make this a part of Colby's life. During the Pack meetings each Den gets up and presents what they have been working on and also earns their awards for the last few weeks. Colby's group earned their Duty to God belt loop. I love this time that he gets to be with other boys of various ages and we enjoy the fellowship the other parents. And as luck would have it most of the boys have little sisters in our group so Lindsay also has a blast! 
Friday I decided to take Lindsay on a little girl outting! The aquarium had mermaids last weekend and this weekend so I really wanted to take her! Friday she was missing school since she had gone the other 4 days so I thought it was a good opportunity. We first met a friend for coffee and breakfast. I enjoyed the visit time. Lindsay did pretty well...she mostly ate her muffin and played games on my phone. We met her little friend Ebbie at the aquarium. She was excited to have a friend to run around with. She wasn't quite as impressed with the mermaids as I thought she would be but I think she liked it. She also wanted to snack the whole time which was a little annoying. We saw most of the aquarium but kinda let the girls go at their own pace and see what they wanted to see. We had no real agenda. It was nice again to visit with another mom. I felt a little stressed by the time we got out of their and Lindsay was having a meltdown. We got home and had lunch and a nap and felt much better! 
That afternoon when I picked Colby up from school we had to go to Hobby Lobby to get craft supplies for Colby's pumpkin book report. The kids loved that store! We will for sure have to go back before the holidays! We also picked up Chickfila. We had a nice low key evening and watched Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin for movie night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment