Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pumpkin Patch

Wednesday Lindsay had her field trip to the Pumpkin Patch. I love that her school does this! This was my 4th and perhaps final field trip. So bittersweet! It started at 10 so I started my day with coffee with one of Lindsay's little friends moms Cindy. It was nice to visit before going back for the field trip. We got there and the kids were lining up and Mrs. Shelly was going over with them what to expect during the morning. They first just got to explore and check out the pumpkin patch. Its always fun to observe her in her school surroundings. She was way more independent then the year before. I really didn't have to stay with her much at all. Her group then went to the story blanket. They do fall themed stories under the trees. I was proud of how well she listened and participated. Afterwards they made a craft. She wanted my help but seemed to enjoy making something. We took a few pictures after the craft while they set up for snack time. They gave them a snack of apple cider and donuts. Lindsay ofcourse LOVED this! They then got to pick out a pumpkin and went back to class. I decided to take Lindsay home after the field trip. Our day is always short enough with going back to church on Wednesdays so I wanted to get home early and get her down for a nap. I think she had a really great time! I am so thankful I get to join in these things with the kids. 
That night we got back to church after missing the week before. As always the kids LOVE it! They love hanging out with friends and playing. We had 11 kids in my class again! This is the second time this semester that we have had that many! It sure is tiring but its awesome we have so many young families coming to church on Wednesday! Lindsay was so happy to have her friend Ebbie back and Genevieve and Mia! I love her little group of girl friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment