Sunday, October 18, 2015

Columbus Day!

So Monday was Columbus day and Lindsay was off school. We had contemplated doing a big, fun day with her but then I remembered we had Parent/Teacher conference so I knew it would be busy day. We still wanted to do something special though just on a smaller scale. We ended up going to breakfast at Another Broken Egg Cafe. It was yummy and fun just to spend time with our girl. Afterwards we went to Lakeside to walk around and let her see the train. I usually try to get out there with both kids during the fall season but this October has been so busy I didn't know when else we might go? We were shocked b/c she wanted to and rode the train all by herself! She had never actually ridden the holiday train before! We were proud of her! I guess Disney World gave her some extra courage. We went in the Disney Store and got her and Colby both a small toy. We also went into Macy's to try and by a wedding gift but that was a total bust! 
It was a nice little outting with our girl! I am sure going to miss those when she starts full day school! 
That afternoon was busy b/c we had Parent/Teacher Conference with Colby's teacher. The conference went well. She said he's really sweet and smart. We went over his grades. He had his first ever D on a report card. I nor his teacher though are too worried b/c she thinks a lot is a maturity problem and not an academic problem. We both think he rushes to finish or he gets test anxiety. Both of these we hope will improve with time. His D was in Language. Language/Phonics he has struggled with since he started kindergarten. I am going to really work with him this next quarter to hopefully get it up to a B. I really love his teacher and believe she will do everything in her power as well to help him. It worked out well with Austin being off that he was able to care for the kids outside while I did the conference. We had a nice evening but I woke up that night running fever. I had felt a cold coming on so I knew at this point it was going to be a bad week. 
I ended up with a sinus cold and its Sunday and I am still recovering. This past week we had to miss a lot but I always say God sends sickness when we need rest. This fall has already been busy and the rest of the month and November will also be busy so this week forced me to rest. I had to miss Bible Study, church, and cubscouts with Colby. It was hard saying no to a lot but I know I needed to heal plus not get anyone else sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment